Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Junior Business Analyst
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun KingTM products provide modern light and energy to over 40 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold more than 10 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun KingTM solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuyTM pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to- consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called as “Sun King Energy Officers”) in local communities across local communities. For Sun King Energy Officers, this is not only a good source of income and employment but also they become an important member of their community by bringing light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 1,200 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after- sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
About the Role
The Risk Department focuses on ensuring the sustainability of the payment facilities, and within it the Data Science team harnesses the power of Data to identify the problems that will arise tomorrow and the solutions that will solve them.
The Data Science team is spread across 3 continents & is looking for a confident Junior Business Analyst. The ideal candidate is a team player who will work with company data serving various business functions with a diverse mix of colleagues. You are technically minded, with the ability to collate data to support trends, analysis and insight. Specific responsibilities include reporting metrics, analyzing methodologies, and suggesting operational improvements across the business. The right candidate will be excited to be part of a team with very diverse backgrounds and look forward to continuously learn over years to come as we imagine new ways to provide quality and affordable products to those not reached by traditional companies.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Provide support to the data science team and internal departments by responding to data requests and ensuring accurate translation of requirements
- Turn data into insight and communicate your findings effectively
- Design a reporting structure/template to improve effectiveness of analyses & visualizations
- Monitor portfolio health and regularly report on its performance
- Contribute to the testing and user acceptance process to ensure solutions are successfully implemented and meet business requirements
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, business related courses, or a similar quantitative field with a year of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to communicate quantitative analyses to audiences with varying technical backgrounds
- An interest in learning and applying statistics to solve real business problems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Experience using data visualization software such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI or Periscope (an added advantage)
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with developers within the team and the diverse mix of external stakeholders
- Some experience in programming desirable, but not essential
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
We seek to foster our team’s diversity, in terms of culture and life experiences. We especially encourage women, sexual and gender minorities, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.