Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the position
The Communications unit of the Alliance is currently searching for a Digital Communications Specialist. Reporting to the Digital and Internal Communications Coordinator,this role will be responsible to coordinate the Alliance presence on digital media, with specific focus on the Alliance website(s) to showcase our work and impact, and engage with our target audiences.This position could be based at Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda, depending on the location, and nationality of the selected candidate.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master’s degree or professional specialization in communications, marketing,digital media or other related field of study, or equivalent professional experience
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in similar roles
- Solid knowledge of and experience with different CMS, including Drupal and WordPress•Great knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Proficiency in social media platforms and MS Office applications
- Knowledge of social media analytics and social media events implementation
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desirable
- Well–developed organization skills with the ability to deliver on–time and manage numerous tasks simultaneously Knowledge of international development field highly preferred
- Familiarity with field–based communications strategies preferred
- Experience with photography and/or videography desirable
- Demonstrated effective and culturally–sensitive skills interacting with customers and partners in the international development arena
- Ability to operate in multi cultural and interdisciplinary global teams.
- User oriented person capable to manage internal and client expectations, with high level of autonomy
- Skills in managing plans and projects
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Excellence in critical thinking, writing, and oral communication skills required
- Full written and spoken proficiency in English
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat–jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference number Ref:2021–DCS–Digital Communication Specialist as the position applied for. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting.
The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Applications closing date: 4th June 2021
Please note that email applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted