Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Analyst; Anti Money Laundering Office (AML)) – (21000223)
We are pleased to announce the vacancy of AML-Analyst; in the Money Laundering Reporting Office within the Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Money Laundering Reporting Office, the role holder has the responsibility to ensure adherence to the organization’s anti money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) controls. The person will also ensure that M-PESA services are offered in compliance with provisions of the Proceeds of Crime & Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2009.
- Implement adequate AML and CTF controls to ensure that all possible areas of AML & CTF concerns are covered.
- Perform regular reviews of all AML & CTF controls to assess effectiveness. This includes;
- Sanction and Politically Exposed Person (PEP) screening program
- Transaction monitoring program
- Customer Due Diligence program
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) management program
- Perform detailed analyses to detect patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships across multiple businesses/products.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the state of AML program to the MLRO
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current AML regulations and keep track of developments within the AML scope.
- Ensure that AML procedures and processes are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify gaps in the assigned projects and follow up on implementation of agreed mitigation controls.
- Report control weaknesses or lapses to the manager in a timely manner, recommend mitigation controls or process changes and follow up implementation of agreed actions.
- Follow-up implementation of recommendations made by Internal and External auditors.
- Maintain strong working relationship with internal stakeholders such Financial Services, Regional Sales & Operations, Enterprise Business Unit, Corporate Affairs and Customer Operations to ensure that compliance issues are regularly discussed and addressed
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Good knowledge of payment services and operations
- Knowledge of money laundering techniques and regulations
- Demonstrable analytical skills and Experience in working with Server Query Language (SQL) and analysing large volumes of data
- Results oriented, effective communicator and a team player eager to learn and share experiences
- Skills in big data analytics or robotic process automation will be an added advantage
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.