Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The goal of St. John’s Community Centre (SJCC) is to empower communities by effectively addressing root causes of poverty and injustices for the attainment of sustainable livelihoods. SJCC(LIP) is working in partnership with St John’s Community Centre and Global Communities (GC) who have partnered together to implement the (KHPQS) Project. The project aims to improve the quality of life of 51000 orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their 17000 families by providing greater access to and uptake of quality health and social services in Nakuru, Murunga, Kajiado, Makueni, Machakos, and Kitui.
St John’s Community Centre is seeking professionals with the required qualifications and experience to fill in the following vacancies
Location: Kajiado, Kenya
- Provide Leadership in Implementation of OVC Household economic empowerment program as guided by the case plans in collaboration with Field agent Supervisors (FAS).
- Training, supervising the FAS and the Household Economic Strengthening community business trainers (CBT) and providing necessary technical support.
- Grouping OVC caregivers based on their Vulnerability category and providing them with the appropriate empowerment package to achieve sustainable economic ventures that earn them enough income to meet household and OVC basic needs.
- Prudent planning for and utilization of project resources for economic strengthening.
- Cultivate community ownership of the intervention to enhance sustainability.
- Continually communicate to the project Coordinator and project technical officers on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Map and Promote linkages to suitable enabling economic products and services.
- Work with the DCS, youth and agricultural departments and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of caregivers to GOK cash transfers, in kind agricultural support and other subsidies.
- Target older youth from OVC households who are out of school and support uptake of marketable vocational skills training, apprenticeships and appropriate economic strengthening initiatives.
- Support school based agricultural enterprises in schools with significant OVC presence.
- Convene regular review forums with key stakeholders and service providers in household economic strengthening.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the economic strengthening activities and making recommendations for improvement of intervention.
- In collaboration with project staff and CBT Document best practice, progress and success stories for inclusion in the periodic project reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration and management, Agro business, Economics, community development or equivalent degree
- Computer literate (MS Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Outlook, Internet)
- 3 years’ experience in undertaking economic empowerment work among disadvantaged rural households
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted professional economic development and community work principles and practices
- Personal experience in initiating and running own business or self-help group.
- Capable of working in a rapidly changing environment with firm deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and cross- cultural skills
- High personal integrity
- Creativity and innovativeness in business
- Decision making skills and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Professional proficiency in one or more local languages of the operational area
- Ability to ride a motorcycle – (Added advantage)
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, complete with a CV, copies of ID card, certificate of good conduct, Certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees and a reliable telephone number.
Address application to;
The Chairman Human Resource Committee,
P.O. Box 16254-00610
Send via Post office mail or hand deliver.
To be received not later than 27th May 2021. Kindly note that, only short -listed persons will be contacted.