Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
We are now looking for a Manager, Decarbonisation Modelling Management to join our forward looking and creative Business Development team working towards decarbonizing the current marine fleet. The position is permanent and the location is open.
What will you be doing
In this position, you will be part of the Business Development team, responsible for creating commercial packages of our solutions with strong value propositions that address customers’ needs, then developing the sales pipeline with Sales and customer co-creation. On a typical day, you might be starting with the focus on developing a simulation tool based on machine learning algorithms and end the day with applying the same outcome to a real customer case simulating the impact of the same on his specific fleet. You will not be working on this alone, even though the work requires a high level of independency, as you will have the support from the overall Business Development team, you will be acting in depth collaboration with global Sales and other Business Units Business development teams.
For us to be the best match, we expect you to have an extremely solid analytical skills, a customer-oriented mindset, a strong organizational attitude and a good experience in data analysis and programming. As an ideal candidate, you have gained experience from working in developing machine learning algorithms, applying extensively data analysis principles to the marine market and being an experienced Python programmer.
As Manager, Decarbonisation Modelling, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Business Development roadmap related to the modelling upgrades offering vs. the current and upcoming Marine Decarbonisation indexes.
- In cooperation with other Marine Power Business Units, develop simulation tools capable of assessing the effects of Wärtsilä offering on customers’ marine fleets upgrades programs.
- Develop concrete customer’s vessels assessments oriented towards Wärtsilä value proposition.
- Through a Data Driven Design approach, guide specific customers’ decarbonization path benchmarking them against the market requirements, the environmental legislation frame and economic implications.
- Develop new ways to constantly increase Wärtsilä’s capability to scale up the support given to the marine market, on a consultative evaluation approach.
- Cooperate in defining Data-driven business cases for new retrofit offering launches, in cooperation with the rest of the Business Development team.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- A sincere and strong interest in contributing through Project Services offering to Marine Power decarbonisation strategy
- In depth understanding of the Marine Market; Customers, and upcoming legislation/ trends that will impact them.
- In depth understanding of customers value proposition based on the decarbonisation paths and system offerings
- Strong technical knowledge in marine systems
- Previous experience in simulation of Marine systems
- Experience in Python, data analysis and machine learning
- Strong collaboration skills, customer service mindset and team player with a willingness to work across organizational boundaries and directly with sales and customers
- Good Wärtsilä product knowledge and solid business and customer understanding
- Out of the box thinking and innovative mindset
- Good financial understanding & commercial orientation
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Relevant academic background
In this role, some travel is required to meet with our customers around the world. Thus, we hope you to be ready to travel approximately 10%, even though most of the meetings are held virtually.