Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To establish an effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system to achieve efficiency and accountability of the Nutrition Improvement in the Grant, ensure that the most vulnerable children in the intervention areas show improved well-being in nutrition, social protection and child protection.
- Take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against program objectives.
- Developing internal reporting schedules & templates, clarifying what level of information is needed and where, with key responsibilities assigned, and reviewing proposals, with a particular focus on checking log frames and ensuring indicators are SMART
- Review and update log frames, M&E Plans, Project indicators and periodic targets and detailed implementation plans.
- Support develop clear and implementable work break down structures for respective activities
- Identify and document the project geographical coverage and produce a RS/GIS activity /Project map.
- Ensure realistic scheduling of Program activities and budgets.
- Participating in the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting, with a focus on establishing Output and outcome Tracking, systemically checking data for quality, accuracy, and consistency, and providing feedback as necessary;
- Contribute to the design of MEAL methodology and child-focused indicators by the project team, and to the promotion of child participation in M&E planning and accountability.
- Provide support and participate in project design (assessments baseline surveys) and in the production of well-designed Disaster Management proposals that are LEAP aligned and reflective of community needs and contexts
Project Assessment, Monitoring, Reporting & Evaluation-25%
- Provide technical leadership in implementing/mainstreaming the project M&E system to the existing M&E system in WVK.
- Monitor project implementation levels across three Counties and report progress, impact and best practices.
- Provide support in the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated database for NICHE Grant and Other Nutrition Projects.
- Provide technical leadership in carrying out baseline assessments, and end of project review across the three counties of the project sites
- Support development of ToR in collaboration with other project teams and identify specific data requirements
- Use process, output level quality benchmarks as reference to undertake field monitoring visits, focusing on programme quality aspects, discuss with relevant staff and share reports with relevant colleagues.
- Take charge of collating and analyzing data and synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place.
- Ensure timely analysis of monitoring data and dissemination to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Follow up with project teams on programme quality improvement action plans. Ensure action points are followed up and relevant measures taken and incorporated into programming.
- Designing situation analysis, needs and baseline/end line assessments, external reviews, evaluations and documentation, and identifying resources, including technical resources, both within WVI and externally.
- Support the implementation of processes to review the quality of existing project data, information collection methods and the suitability of the existing data for the provision of sound baseline information.
- Representing the principles and work of WV to donors, Government, Media and other humanitarian stakeholders.
- Ensure established linkages between the M&E system of the project and the Humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Timely submission of monthly situational report
- Always ensure to store collected data securely as per policies relating to data protection for the project
- Coordinate project reflection and learning sessions in conjunction with other grant staff and project partners.
- Disseminate all project information related to M&E to staff and partners across the three counties
- Ensure Project alignment to the donors and support office evaluation protocols and methodological tools
- Provide MIS content/requirements and feedback to project team and document progress on indicators/achievement of targets (Logical Framework Approach – LFA) using Indicator Tracking Tables (ITT)
- Support the development of systems and processes for the implementation of M&E policy and procedure based on WV best practice, developing frameworks to integrate impact assessment and learning and knowledge management into the programme and project cycle;
- Plan tracking for Project indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities
- Maintain a tracking spreadsheet for M&E activities and events – baselines, assessments, reviews, evaluations – tracking trends and recommendations, progressing their implementation where appropriate.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze quantitative and qualitative project data and contribute into subsequent reporting through monthly MEAL reports, updates, successes and issues from the MEAL tracking tools.
- Review of reports, ensure alignment with LEAP and donor standards, and are timely submitted.
- Ensure the development, contextualization and refining of M&E tools and resources needed to implement humanitarian accountability issues.
- Take lead in the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Support remote sensing and GIS Mapping of Program activities, Outputs and Beneficiaries in all the Counties
- Ensure the appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with WV Kenya, GoK, and UNICEF in line with partnership agreements
Networking, Collaboration & Accountability-10%
- Network and collaborate with relevant partners, and represent World Vision in Nutrition Technical Working Group Meetings including Chairing Nutrition Technical Working group
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, and Private Sector in order to advance the learning goal of the project
- Ensure sensitive complaints collection and handling through development of functional systems within the project
- Ensure accountability assessments are conducted and capacity of staff built to undertake accountability assessments.
- Ensure effective community complaints response mechanisms in collaboration with communities are developed and functional
- Comply with and promote WV policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blower and Fraud
Learning, Documentation & Capacity Development-10%
- Ensure continuous learning and documentation of lessons learnt and best practices for program design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks related to emergency response.
- Coordinate the sharing of learning related to MEAL practices across offices and provide support when internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises should be employed.
- Support the development of project case studies, human interest stories, documentaries and other related materials
- Organize/ project learning events to document lessons learnt, good practices and areas of improvement.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and reports are documented (printed, visual) and published for sharing with the donor and other partners and proactively share information and learning with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop capacity building plans and support WV and partners in building their capacity in M&E, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and in the management of information systems, development of required formats, key indicators, needs assessments, frameworks for evaluation, qualitative documentation of outcomes and impact of projects.
- Ensure timely implementation of projects and follow up on deliverable completion of work plans and budgets, ensuring due dates are met
- Liaising with the relevant units/departments to ensure the completion of activities and documentation to support the procurement plans of the project
- Assist in ensuring effective communication within administration team and logistics
- Coordinating with partners on implementation of the project
- Create a list of electronic project documentation/files including reports, approvals and any other relevant documentation for historical record
- Ensure adherence to donor and WV policies and standards and regulations
- Provide overall leadership, coordination, management and administrative support in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Attend and participate/ lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum four years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body
- Good analytical skills with appropriate attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills.
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Good Empirical knowledge of humanitarian codes, principles and practice;
- Experience in quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Experience in Data collection on the Open data kit plat form and other mobile based applications, data analysis and interpretation
- Computer literacy in MS office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience in data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Stata etc.
- Excellent team player with ability to work under minimum supervision
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or Project management, Statistics or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Certification in M&E and in conducting assessments or equivalent
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Experience in working on donor funded programs
- Good understanding of Emergency Programming