Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of Position
To implement and monitor nutrition improvement through cash and health education in the County using various approaches which include Baby Friendly Community initiatives, Infant and Young Child Nutrition and capacity building of health workers, community health volunteers and community leaders.
Programmatic and technical support for nutrition projects-50%
- Ensure all affected children, pregnant and lactating women are identified, admitted and discharged from emergency nutrition programs as per national Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition(IMAM) guidelines and Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN) guidelines
- Support the communities to identify Nutrition challenges and develop community lead solutions during implementation of NICHE
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health staff to be able to implement Baby Friendly community initiatives at both county and Sub county level.
- Work closely with community Health volunteers to mobilize communities to participate in nutrition project interventions
- Conduct training and sensitization of health facility staff and Community Health Volunteers on BFCI, IYCF and micronutrients supplementation
- Strengthening of community structures to ensure they receive appropriate health and nutrition services
- Support Community health volunteers to conduct household nutrition counselling for BFCI and NICHE beneficiaries at community level.
- Support the Sub-County and county nutrition officers) to conduct community follow ups for community units
- Ensure Integration of child protection while implementing BFCI at community level.
- Integration of nutrition into livelihood interventions to ensure food security at household level.
- In liaison with project accountant ensure monthly tracking of project expenditure and manage work plans and budgets
Quality assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation processes-20%
- Develop quality reports: weekly situation reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports as per WV and/donor(s) reporting guidelines
- In liaison with other project partners and MoH develop monitoring plan, analyze nutrition information from health information system and other sources to understand trends for timely decision making
- Document success stories, and best practices to demonstrate the impact created by WVK from the project implementation
Advocacy, Engagement, Networking & Partnerships-10%
- Represent WVK in nutrition stakeholder meetings county and/or sub-county levels
- Conduct advocacy activities to ensure resource allocation to nutrition by county governments
- Engaging with MoH as Sub-County or county level to influence resource allocation nutrition
Enhanced Empowerment & Capacity building-10%
- Ensure capacity Building of government community and CBOs be able to effectively manage and sustain Health and Nutrition interventions
Resource Acquisition -5%
Identify potential areas for fundraising and provide information to inform fund raising initiatives for health and nutrition, education, gender, child protection and disability at all levels
- Attend and participate/ lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years working experience of which two (2) should be in maternal infant and young child nutrition interventions
- Good understanding of Ministry of health systems, Nutrition programming models, standards and guidelines, Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels
- Knowledge of national Health and Nutrition policy and advocacy instruments and structures
- First-hand experience in Health and Nutrition community resilience programming
- Significant experience working with an NGO environment, community and peoples’ groups, state institutions etc.
- Working knowledge of child safeguarding policy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills.
- High professional ethics and integrity
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Must Have minimum of Bachelor degree in Nutrition, or related discipline from a recognized University.
- MUST be registered with relevant health associations such e.g. Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in Baby friendly community initiative
- Experience working in multicultural, multi-location teams;
- Experience in conducting health and nutrition surveys using Lot Quality Assurance Survey (LQAS), Open Data Kit or ENA-SMART methodologies
- Experience working with Ministries of Health, Ministry of Agriculture and other structures at county and national levels and networking with other partners