Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Health Management Information Systems Officer, TB & COVID-19.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Tegemeza Plus M & E Advisor and in collaboration with and guidance from the National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program (NLTP), the Health Management Information Systems Officer will be responsible for the design and development of a digital data solution in support of bidirectional TB and COVID-19 screening.
A key deliverable will be an electronic platform that harnesses the potential for TIBU, the national TB case-based surveillance system, to interface with the e-HTS platform for longitudinal tracking of all presumptive TB and COVID-19 cases at the facility level.
- In collaboration with NTLP, design, develop, deploy and support an integrated electronic TB and COVID-19 bidirectional screening data platform
- Design and enhance TB & COVID-19 bidirectional screening data reporting and program monitoring dashboards
- Support electronic platform that facilitates real-time TB and COVID-19 bidirectional screening data collection, submission and sharing with TIBU and e-HTS platforms
- Design, develop and implement an electronic solution that incorporates a test results feedback loop for TB and COVID-19 tests performed
- Convene stakeholder meetings for progress updates on the TB & COVID-19 bidirectional screening development process
- Hardware and network setup and maintenance
- Write programming scripts to perform automated data accuracy checks and generate reports of any identified inconsistencies.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology
- At least three years continuous experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge management systems that facilitate data use for decision making
- Experience in the design, programming and administration of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in Windows Server and Linux Server Administration
- Experience in designing networking & hardware maintenance
- Demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of web and m-health-based solutions
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation and support
- Working knowledge of TIBU, KHIS, DATIM & PEPFAR reporting systems
- Working knowledge of the National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program (NLTP), USG/PEPFAR funded programs and reporting requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages for generating and analysing reports
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title: Health Management Information Systems Officer – TB & COVID-19: CHS/HR/HMIS/TBC/01/2021 by May 27, 2021, by 5.00 PM.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.