Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Project:
The project is a 5-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, as well as services in the area of family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru.
Position Title: Associate Technical Officer – Retention, adherence and linkage
Reports to: Technical Officer Care and treatment
Reporting to the Technical officer care and Treatment, the Retention, Adherence and Linkage associate Technical Officer will support the planning and implementation of Community-facility linkages, Stigma Reduction and Adherence; Psychosocial Support, PHDP and retention activities required for HIV care and treatment and PMTCT services supported in Ministry of Health (Baringo County and Samburu county).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The focal person for on community/facility level interventions at County, sub-county level ensuring improving knowledge and quality of existing health services as well as improving promotive, preventive health services at community
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to health facilities on Client Appointment Management system, design and develop high quality patient-focused appointment management systems to increase demand creation & Retention for HIV care services at the facility.
- Conduct social mobilization of community structures and population to effectively participate in the health promotion programs engaging community Catalysts, religious leaders and community own resource persons
- Provide continuous mentorship on Defaulter Tracing & management (Retention). Ensure effective active client follow up systems through adoption and use of relevant job aids and data collection tools as per client retention and defaulter tracing SOPs
- Provides technical assistance to health care facilities for planning, implementation and evaluation of patient tracing and retention systems and related data management, data quality assurance, data summarization and analysis
- Oversee Adherence Counselling in collaboration with the adherence counsellors/Peer Educator plans and oversees the implementation of high-quality patient-focused demand creation, adherence and retention activities including establishment of functional multidisciplinary adherence support teams at each supported site. Implementation and documentation of targeted adherence sessions for clients who are suspected for treatment failure (STF). Conducts capacity building of adherence support multidisciplinary teams which will include HCW, link desk, mentor mothers, adolescent champion, CHVs in provision of stigma free services which include HIV treatment literacy, adherence monitoring and psychosocial support with emphasis on National specific approach.
- Provide Psychosocial support to oversees compliance to facility level adherence and psychosocial support Standard Operating Procedures (National and project specific), Mentor mothers, Community linkages and defaulter tracing. Ensure the development of structured mechanisms within age- specific patient focused psychosocial support groups to deliver treatment literacy and address psychosocial and environmental barriers to optimal retention & adherence. Coordinate the establishment and management of Treatment literacy groups for various categories of clients. Support the Peer educators and adherence counselors develop a schedule for Treatment literacy sessions for the various groups. Ensure that PHDP interventions and treatment literacy activities are implemented and documented at each supported site
- Conduct Referral and linkages to guide development and maintenance of updated referral directories to strengthen community networking activities and establish community services inventory and SOPs for community-facility referral and linkages and vice versa.
- Support Recording and Documentation in Identifying best practices, document, recommend, implement and disseminate effective and innovative approaches to adherence, client retention, defaulter tracing, community – facility linkage and stigma reduction at each supported site.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Excellent technical skills.
- Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDs.
- Experienced in implementing community-based activities focused on HIV/AIDS, Community strategy and CAGs especially in hard-to-reach counties.
- Experienced in implementing activities and familiarity with the MOH Data tracking tools and KHIS2
- Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive and initiative.
Ability to travel within the county.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Bachelors degree in social science or public health with 5 years’ relevant experience in Community Health Strategies and RMNCH. Clinical Psychology, Counselling psychology, Social sciences or other equivalent qualifications in social sciences and/or Public Health with 5-7 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural communities is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Kiswahili is crucial.
HOW TO APPLY:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received by 25th May 2021.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.