Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
M-Pesa Africa Manager Cybersecurity Prevent and Defence – (21000228)
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Technology (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Senior Manager-Cybersecurity.
As the Manager – Cybersecurity Prevent and Defence, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating operations of the Cybersecurity, Prevent and Defend stakeholders and team
- Facilitating implementation, management, and optimization of Cyber Security policies, standards, and procedures
- Ensuring adequate OPEX budget, resource, and management focus is on cybersecurity risks
- Driving standards of excellence to achieve the Cyber Security strategy
- Implementing actions to close MPA risks, Audit & Reviews (Internal and External)
- Improvement of the Cybersecurity posture of the company through several initiatives, including but not limited to Cyber Security Baselines.
Key Role Responsibilities
Impact on the business
- Coordinate optimization of the Operational & Monitoring cybersecurity baselines (CSB) controls across all MPA relevant business areas and processes
- Optimize and maintain Cyber Security controls and requirements across MPA environments
- Ensure all M-Pesa and third-party systems’ products, services and projects are compliant with the MPA minimum security requirements and Cyber Security Baselines (CSBs)
- Responsible for the set-up, execution, and maintenance of the security incident management and coordination process in conjunction with incident management capabilities
- Management of the vulnerability scanning, patching, and penetration tests and tracking resolution of vulnerabilities and patches in MPA systems, per the relevant MPA security policies
- Support all internal and external audits around Technology systems and processes, ensure these systems are free from known Technology audit findings and ensure all audit findings in these systems are closed within agreed timelines
Customers, supplier, and third parties
- Ensure compliance with Legal, Regulatory and key stakeholders’ requirements across the Technology domains
- Responsible for monitoring of compliance of the Cybersecurity managed services contract, to ensure it is within agreed SLA
- Support for validation, timely completion, and accuracy of Technology audit checklists and user access rights reviews
- Coordination of analytical processes and incident response measures
- Ensure proper implementation and change management processes compliance for all planned and emergency changes in Technology systems
Leadership, Planning and Human Resource Management
- Manage all the Cybersecurity OPEX budgets and planning, in alignment with the company and Group strategy
- Manage the Cybersecurity subordinate resources (FTEs and contractors) for their tasks/job descriptions effective implementations
- Skills development within Cybersecurity department
- Performance Management of the Cybersecurity team
- Provide input to Security Policies and requirements on Technology security methods and technologies
- Support Implementation and enforcement of the MPA cyber code across all users
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Cybersecurity service performance
Innovation and change
- Maintain the Security and Privacy by Design Assurance (SPDA) processes of the GDPR and business requirements
- Continually review and enforce security policies and controls, to support business requirements and changing security landscapes
- Set-up of analytics framework and tools
- Drive continuous improvement through simplification of key cybersecurity processes
- Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes
- Make recommendations for Cybersecurity Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Support information security awareness and training to all MPA users and third-party vendors
- Driving incident planned and emergency communication processes to both internal and external audience
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/ Information Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years Network Security experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls, VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISM/CISA/CISSP/CEH/CRISC.
- One certification in Networks CCNP or CCIE (Security) CLOUD or Microsoft, Linux or Unix Operating Systems administration
- Minimum of 1-year focused Security experience in Incident Management, Intrusion Analysis, Network troubleshooting, or Reverse Engineering.
We are happy if you have:
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Experience in the use of security tools.
- Project management skills, and proven task execution (getting things done).
- Superior Report writing skills.
- Analytical Thinking.
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
- As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification