Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
StepWise is partnering with Zalego Academy to hire experienced heads of AI.
StepWise is making an impact by providing people with physical disabilities in the developing world with meaningful employment in the digital economy. Our highly motivated and skilled teams located in East Africa perform data processing tasks such as transcription and digitization, data labelling and annotation for machine learning and artificial intelligence data sets, and content moderation.
StepWise has offices in Austin, Texas and Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Job:
You will serve as the Subject Matter Expert on Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning disciplines, providing thought leadership on emerging topics and trends You will be responsible for determining your talent needs and maintaining your own talent pipeline. You will play a key role in determining which technologies, services, toolkits, data structures and methodologies should be employed to optimally achieve AI objectives.
This executive position will oversee major strategic initiatives, including:
- Identifying opportunities internally to improve our customer experience across our products and solutions with machine learning.
- Building a cohesive data strategy that lacks silos and enables deep learning technologies to create new competitive insights.
- Brainstorm with internal MA stakeholders, and external clients to identify innovations in ML/AI/NLP to help advance automation, knowledge discovery, decision-making and insights, and streamline business processes or enable new capabilities.
- Implement and prototype new algorithms and write code for novel ML/AI/NLP solutions.
- Evaluate custom solutions through prototyping, POCs and quantitative metrics, and handing off solutions to stakeholder teams as needed.
- Explain complex models to non-experts, in layperson terminology to clients, stakeholders and managers, while also being able to discuss intricacies of complex algorithms with experts in the field
- Prepare reports, presentations, for internal and external stakeholders, and as applicable, publish in peer-reviewed journals and magazines.
- Attend, present at technical conferences, workshops, and meetups
- Lead curriculum development and assessment to ensure continuous program improvement
- Lead faculty recruitment, evaluation, and development
- Ensure student academic and professional success, securing internships and career opportunities
- Support recruitment of highly qualified students, with an expectation of significant program growth
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph. D in AI, Computer Science, ML, Electrical Engineering or related fields such as Statistics, Applied Math or Computational Neuroscience.
- 10+ years comprehensive advanced analytics, research, modeling/data science or relevant experience
- A strong record in delivering machine learning and/or data products including defining ML problems, identifying data strategy, building ML MVP and scaling/production of a prototype to full-scale production.
- Strong Knowledge of the theory and applications of machine learning, AI, deep learning, data science, NLP, text analytics, unstructured data analytics, supervised/unsupervised learning. Experience with image and video processing is a plus.
- Strong, proven programming skills in Python, C/C++, Java, R , MATLAB, Scala, and with machine learning and deep learning and Big data frameworks including TensorFlow, Caffe, Spark, Hadoop. Experience with writing complex programs and implementing custom algorithms in these and other environments.
- Leadership experiences in leading artificial intelligence and machine learning teams on a variety of business impacting areas that enabled innovation and business outcomes.
- Expert written and oral communication at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders, both internally and externally. Research emerging ML/AI/NLP / Data Science solutions and be conversant with latest developments in these fields.
Deadline is 31st June 2021