Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Technical Officer, Identification and Longitudinal Care to be based in Siaya County.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Senior Technical Officer, the Technical Officer Identification and longitudinal Care will strengthen the implementation of HIV Testing Services (HTS), linkage, adherence and retention in CHS-supported health facilities in collaboration with county, Sub-County and hospital management teams at the facilities.
- To oversee the planning and implementation of HIV Testing, Counselling and linkage strategies at CHS -supported facilities
- Oversee planning, initiation and implementation of the CHS Adherence Psychosocial Support minimum package
- Ensure the rapid scale-up and sustenance of assisted Partner Notification Services (aPNS)
- Set systems that ensure optimisation of HIV testing services through Provider-initiated HIV testing and counselling at all service delivery points (in-patient, outpatient and clinics)
- To set systems and oversee the longitudinal follow up of persons diagnosed with HIV; from identification, linkage to treatment, adherence and retention on antiretroviral therapy and viral suppression
- Provide training, mentorship and supervision of HIV testing services to the HTS providers at the selected facilities
- Oversee the planning and implementation of internal and external Quality Assurance for HIV testing services
- Support planning, implementation and evaluation of the peer educator and defaulter identification and tracking systems at supported health facilities
- Implement strategies for referrals and linkages of newly diagnosed HIV infected clients between HTS points and the HIV clinics (CCC) in the health facilities
- Support facility community linkages including accelerated scale-up of community DSD
- Ensure real-time documentation of clients’ testing information on the eHTS app by HTS counsellors in sites implementing electronic HTS (eHTS)
- Improve documentation and reporting of HTS and longitudinal follow up activities at the facility level for program evaluation and planning.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public health, social sciences or health-related field equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in implementing HIV programs, especially HIV testing services and adherence/retention
- Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, including HIV testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentations
- Familiarity with HIV community programs, including peer education
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to train and mentor others.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title: Technical Officer- Identification and Longitudinal Care: CHS/HR/SP/TIOL/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Thursday, May 27, 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.