Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Faith to Action Network supports faith actors empower people to live healthy, peaceful, quality lives. We focus on issues that faith actors are grappling with, including sexual and reproductive health and family planning; gender equality and women’s rights; pluralism and understanding.
As a global interfaith network of more than 100 Bahai, Buddhist, Christian, Confucian, Hindu and Muslim faith organisations, we combine innovative, evidence- and faith-backed community based programming with national, regional and international dialogue and advocacy to influence change at all levels. We meet international standards of quality and accountability and ensure the relevance of our interventions to the everyday lives of faith communities
Purpose of the role
Faith to Action Network seeks a Peacebuilding Technical Lead to manage and provide technical support in Faith to Action Network’s pluralism & peaceful co-existence, freedom of religion and belief (FORB), interfaith cooperation and collaborations projects. S/he will be responsible for providing technical, programmatic and administrative assistance to Faith to Action Network implementing partners and members, and build their institutional capacity. S/he will contribute to strengthening partnership and knowledge networks within and outside Faith to Action Network.
This is a full-time position, which is stationed in either Kenya, Egypt, Belgium, Germany or South Africa and the salary is competitive and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
Technical leadership on peacebuilding and peaceful coexistence projects
- Provide leadership, technical support, and guidance to implementing partners on pluralism & peaceful co-existence, freedom of religion and belief (FORB), interfaith cooperation and collaborations.
- Lead, coordinate, support, and/or conduct analyses and evaluation on peacebuilding, peaceful co -existence and conflict prevention issues in areas of intervention.
- Liaise closely with and provide the necessary advice and support to the country coordinators in all matters pertaining to effective management and implementation of peacebuilding project activities.
- Support implementing partners and members to understand human rights issues and relate them to the understanding to the project outcomes.
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge sharing of pluralism & peaceful co-existence, freedom of religion and belief (FORB) within a community of practice.
- Manage the technical relationship with project partners, alongside the Programme Manager.
- Build the capacity of implementing partners through technical assistance (remote and in country) and training on pluralism & peaceful co-existence, freedom of religion and belief (FORB)
- Work closely with the Knowledge management advisor on research, information-gathering and analysis with specific focus on supporting and promoting peacebuilding and peaceful co-existence;
- Identify entry-points and support inclusive and conflict-sensitive approaches in efforts to build faith organizations capacities for conflict prevention and peaceful co-existence.**
- Review and provide timely technical feedback on project results, reports, and other deliverables for various stakeholders.
- Support resource mobilization strategies as appropriate, providing technical input or leading on proposals related to pluralism & peaceful co-existence, freedom of religion and belief (FORB).
- Support ongoing donor relationship management at a global and national level.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and report on project activities, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, including developing project work plans and supporting the design and implementation of peacebuilding strategies.
- Participate in project governance meetings and effectively represent Faith to Action Network in technical working groups, meetings, and other forums
- Coordinate communication with implementing partners.
- Identify successful learning and practices within Faith to Action Network projects related to pluralism & peaceful co-existence, freedom of religion and belief (FORB), interfaith cooperation and collaborations that can be demonstrated in articles, scientific publications, communication materials, or other global knowledge products (e.g. conference abstracts).
Financial management and grants management:
- Manage project finances and collaborate with the finance team, including the development, implementation and tracking of Faith to Action Network and partner budgets, cash flow plans, and development of variation reports.
- Develop, supervise and track Faith to Action Network and partners’ work plans and budgets.
- Manage grants to partners by ensuring timely disbursements of funds and adherence to agreed activities and objectives in the signed agreements, and enforce partners’ accountability.
- Manage compliance with donor rules and regulations of Faith to Action Network and all partners, pre-empt problems, and advise senior management on solutions and recommendations.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Apply a monitoring and evaluation plan including processes and tools adapted to advocacy, capacity strengthening and gender mainstreaming.
- Monitor implementation of activities and data collected by implementing partners.
- Support knowledge management and sharing of good practices on conflict prevention and peacebuilding; ensure that stories and lessons learned are shared within the Faith to Action Network Secretariat
Method of application
- Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and cover letter) to HR@faithtoactionetwork.org
- The deadline for applications is 31 May 2021.
- Applications should include a full curriculum vita (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities, a list of references, and current salary) along with a cover letter addressing the job description, academic and professional qualifications, and indicating motivation for the role.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Faith to Action Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural and religious diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply. Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya. This requirement will apply to all applicants irrespective of their nationality.
- Faith to Action Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.