Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has an exciting opportunity in our Risk and Compliance Division. We are seeking for talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Manager Operational Risk & BCM
Reporting To: Head of Risk and Compliance
Overall Job Purpose
This position actively contributes to the enhancement and implementation of the Bank’s Operational Risk Framework. It will also assist in collation of operational risk information and trend analysis as well as the development of operational risk mitigation measures.
- Assisting in the development/enhancement and implementation of the Bank’s operational risk framework and best practices (Basel) requirement
- Managing the accurate and timely completion of the risk metrics within the bank’s operational risk framework requirements.
- Act as the key contact to evaluate any changes, updates, process improvement and automation activities.
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures in the departmental units, with emphasis to controls
- Track and analyze incidences of frauds (successful and attempted) identify causes and implement with respective units comprehensive measures to close loopholes.
- Conduct operational risk identification and assessment program through timely completion of Risk Control Assessments (CRAs).
- Coordinating Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework across the various Business and Support units.
- Collation of operational loss data and monitor the trends.
- Investigate root causes of operational risk incidents and provide support to mitigate risk
- Custodian of all Bank policies and operational procedures. Maintain a schedule of policy and operational procedure reviews to ensure adequacy.
- Maintain and regularly update the operational risk register and follow-up closure on all identified risk factors.
- Monitor and communicate Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and management activities to assist relevant stakeholders in their decision-making process
- Participate in Bank projects and initiatives to bring pro-active risk management focus into solutions.
- Facilitate business continuity and disaster recovery tests
- Monitoring new and existing processes for continuity needs to enable optimal business performance
- Liaising with alternate business continuity sites for timely support during crisis management
- Assist with investigations on alleged fraudulent and other unethical activities.
- Training of members of staff on Business Continuity Management in liaison with Human Resources
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, IT, Finance, Banking or a related field
- Professional qualifications in the fields of Compliance, Finance, financial investments and risk management.
- Minimum 7 years related working experience with at least 4 banking risk related role.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of BASEL compliance requirements
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and the Governing Acts and Prudential Guidelines.
- Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes
- Strong analytical and monitoring skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- I.T. Skills (Ms office)\
- Team player
- High levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards)