Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – FRANCE- HOMABAY PROJECT
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to care health. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
- Job Title : Head Driver
- Location : Homabay / Ndhiwa Project, Homabay town
- Start date : 15th June,2021
- Length of contract : Three months’ probation period, renewable based on performance
Coordinate and control the operation of vehicles and drivers in one location according to traffic regulations and MSF security rules, ensure that the team of drivers perform properly their duties to ensure an adequate, efficient, and safe transport of goods and people.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a) Fleet Management and Supervision
- Supervises the team of drivers, monitors and evaluates their performance, ensuring compliance with all rules, safety regulations and MSF instructions, as well as the maintenance and service of their assigned vehicles which includes preparing and overseeing the drivers’ work schedule, ensuring daily and weekly checks of vehicles and the correct filling in of administration and vehicle logbook.
b) Ensure the proper maintenance of vehicles
- Performing monthly checks of the vehicle inventory, documentation and first aid kit together with the responsible driver and conducting a driving test for all new drivers. Performing regular drivers’ assessments.
- Coordinating and supervising the associated resources (drivers) and fleet management to ensure adequate service in terms of organizing availability of drivers, vehicles to drive, duty rosters and replacements in case of absence, and fuel control. Organizing training courses for drivers
- Checking and ensuring that safety procedures are met in vehicles to ensure that transportation is in the best conditions of safety for travelers.
- Reporting any problems with the vehicles (mechanical, accidents…) to the Logistics Supervisor
c) Manage vehicle bookings and movements
- With Log Manager and Log Supervisor (Base), schedule or reschedule vehicle movements as necessary, based on bookings and vehicle availability.
- Monitor vehicle movement while communicating with each driver through VHF radio/other means.
- Ensures availability to drive 50% of the working week
- Report on any aspects that threatens or favours the program
- Abide by the MSF Staff regulations and MSF charter
- Maintain confidentiality
- Essential: Valid driving License, Fleet Management Certificate will be an added advantage Desirable: KCSE, Driving License type “A”, “B”, 4WD driving, defensive driving/ EVOC
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as a driver.
- Experienced in Fleet management
- Leadership and Management experience
- Experience with 4 X 4 vehicles
- English and Kiswahili
- Desirable: Luo and other local languages.
- Good knowledge of the area of work
- Essential knowledge of basic mechanics (comprehensive mechanics for Vehicles and motorcycles)
- Essential knowledge on radio is preferred
- Strong Ms Office skills required (Ms Office, Ms Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- Good vision essential
- Availability to travel and stay outside base overnight
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 27th May,2021 under the subject “Head Driver – Homabay Project ” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee).
(Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply)