Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in hard to reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
We are looking to fill the role of Regional Head of HR who would be responsible for HR management in the region promoting learning and a cost conscious culture while maintaining a high focus on quality. The Regional Head of HR has the overall responsibility for the strategic development of HR in the region.
For the full job description please use this link.
- Ensure region-wide compliance to organization structure and offer advice on organizational structure process;
- Help countries with the correct organizational structure, size and number of staff etc;
- Conduct country visits to ensure that all countries comply with HR requirements;
- Lead the disciplinary process for international staff in collaboration with Global HR;
- Provide guidance on the overall benefits and compensation for national staff as well as ascertain the quality of country analysis;
- Drive Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts in the region;
- Take accountability for ToE in place in all countries in the region as well as the Regional office;
- Support design and implementation of global HR initiatives;
- Oversee the duty of care to staff.
- Master’s degree in Human resources management;
- At least 5 years’ experience as Regional Head of Human resources. In addition, minimum of 3 years in country human resource management;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic and French will be an added advantage.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.