Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager – Integration Planning and Evolution – (21000233)
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Tech Lead Integration & Contact center planning, the role holder will be responsible for providing technical and team leadership in planning and evolution for Safaricom Integration Services including related platforms evolution e.g. TIBCO EAI, Oracle SOA, MuleSoft, Red hat Fuse and API Exchange, application and products integrations. This includes managing the EAI, SOA and ESB layers for connecting to other legacy systems in the company. The integration services are key to the digital evolution since they help in agility in connecting the digital ecosystem.
- Lead the team in the Integration domain architecture, revamp and re-design for delivery of existing technology systems.
- Lead and coordinate the team in ensuring e2e development and transition of integration services as per defined business needs.
- Testing and Quality management: – Ensure unit testing is done and work hand in hand with the quality team to ensure that delivered developments are working optimally as per expected standards. This includes test plan and schedule development.
- Governance and Standardization: – Document and implement integration service development governance and standards. This include code versioning, API standards, code review process and other related software related processes.
- Reporting: – Maintain reports on team delivery performance, vendor delivery performance, and development resource schedule cycle time, velocity, throughput and other relevant metrics.
- Lead in stakeholder engagement to ensure their services delivery needs are catered for. This will involve close working with the business engagement team.
- Metor team members to ensure optimal performance.
- Engage the various business units heads to ensure continual service improvement incoporation as per provided feedback.
- Lead the team in optimal resource scheduling and allocation for delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Hybrid integration, iPaaS and Cloud solutions and customer pain points
- Work with the Enterprise Automation lead/support to plan accordingly for the Enterprise space
- Lead API, Microservice and cloud roadmap initiatives while aligning the strategy to the business objectives
- Lead the team in domain architecting for future proof solutions.
- Research and development: – Take leadership in research and development including adoption of current ways of managing integration, development and delivery. E.g. agile delivery, scrum methodologies, DevSecOps, and other emerging methodologies.
- 3rd line Support technical and team leadership: – Lead the support team in the defined domain areas in ensuring all related services and products are operationally optimal. This includes supporting 2nd line support when needed, problem resolution and bug fixing for already deployed solutions as per ITIL & ISO guidelines.
- Lead in Supplier engagement for delivery and 3rd line support as need may arise
- Lead redesign of existing services in production having reoccurring issues.
- Regular team and one-on-one engagements
- Build the skill-set according to the fit for future program
- Team growth management
- University Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 8 years’ experience in a networked and dynamic IT environment at least 5 of those should be as a senior software developer or architecture role.
- 5 years Software development with a bias in middleware and application server platforms skills like Tibco, Mule soft , oracle SOA, Jboss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Glassfish, Java ,Tomcat EE & scripting skills.
- Certification or training in database administration and application development. E.g. oracle, mysql, PL/SQL, or other no-sql databases.
- ITIL or ISO training and certification
- ITIL training and certification
- Training and advanced Experience in HTML5, Java, RSS, webserver technologies, scripting and MySQL.
- Certification or training in TIBCO technologies, Oracle SOA, TIBCO FOS (or any order management framework), Oracle or TIBCO BPM.
- Certification or training in architecture or business analysis is an added advantage.
- Oracle Siebel Certification or training is an added advantage.
- Advanced skill in webserver administration and optimization. E.g. Apache, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS or any other commercial.
- Knowledge and experience with No-SQL, BigTable/Columnar data systems, parallel data processing, Software as a Service added advantage