Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tech Lead roaming /interconnect /mediation – (21000236)
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Tech Lead Revenue MGT and Financial Reporting, Tech Lead roaming /interconnect /mediation will oversee all operations and support for the systems within this domain. This will be the single point of contact for all systems service the customers which will include the L2 and L3 support. This will include systems in the following domains; Mediation, PRM and interconnect. Ensure incident avoidance and resolution within SLA and guarantee system uptime and availability.
Another key focus will be delivery of CBS related initiatives relating to Revenue assurance, credit control and finance. he/she will be the functional expert owning the final designs. He/She will coordinate delivery within its own team and across chapters to deliver the related business initiatives.
Tech Lead will steer developing the skills of all engineers in this team. Has line management responsibilities and helps stimulate innovation, ensuring industry trends are being reflected.
- Financial management – OPEX and CAPEX budget planning, vendor management, support contract compilation & monitoring.
- Operational Excellence & System Stability – Lead day to day Operations on matters mediation, PRM and Interconnect and ensure system stability, Respond to failures and Business SLAs are met.Own and execute Operational Excellence Program to improve Customer Experience, Improve Availability, Zero Touch Operations, AIOps,
- CBS system BCP and Quarterly Audits: Coordinate and work with the vendors and audit partners to carry out the BCP and system audit on a quarterly basis and ensure the items picked are followed through to closure.
- Business delivery & Stakeholder management: work with RA , Finance, reporting, credit control and other teams to ensure end to end financial assurance is achieved. Lead delivery initiatives inline with the srategy of these business units.
- Strategy and evolution: Owns Strategy and evolution of Mediation, PRM and interconnect solution and in charge of giving the roadmap in line with the business requirements and strategy. 3-5 Year IT Strategy Documented and Up-To-Date
- Program and Project Delivery; Responsible for implementation of long lead infra initiatives
- Foster Dev-ops within the chapter
- Project Commissioning – Have an E2E accountability as a gate keeper ensuring all new systems coming to the production environment meet production standards and have elements of BCP, Security, redundancy, and monitoring.
- Leadership & HR management -lead the adoption of AGILE delivery practices, ensure an engaged and motivated team. Build the skillset according to the fit for future program. Team performance management, Regular team and one-on-one engagements.
- Governance and compliance -Ensure that technical solutions are compliant to all documented Safaricom policies, meet all security standards and follow the change governance process.
- Knowledge and deployment of AGILE project delivery methods.
- BSc /B-Tech in computer Science/Electrical and communication/ Telecoms, Engineering or a similar field
- At least 7 years’ experience in Mediation, PRM and Billing, 2 years of which should be in a management position within IT.
- Good at Crisis management
- Lead day to day Operations and ensure Business SLAs are met
- Professional Qualifications in I.T Infrastructure Governance
- Experience in managing big projects
- Experience in Strategy Formulation and roadmap definition
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrate excellent Planning and organizing skills
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Proven Track record in delivering results
Deadline is 28th May, 2021