Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF RADIOLOGIST, REF: TNH/HRD/CR/05/21
Reporting to Director, Medical Services & Research, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing oversight in leading the radiology department and ensure production, interpretation and delivery of quality radiology diagnostic services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s strategic objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, review and ensure adherence to radiology protocols and standards in consultation with other clinical departments in order to ensure quality interpretation of radiographic images to provide proper accurate diagnosis and treatment to the hospital’s patients;
- Ensure production of quality and efficient radiography imaging services in line with established protocols and in collaboration with the Chief Radiographer in order to achieve accurate diagnosis;
- Ensure accurate review and interpretation of radiographic images by the radiology team in order to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment in line with established protocols;
- Communicate and discuss radiography test results with other physicians to seek second opinion in order to validate and provide accurate patient findings;
- Carry out ultrasound examinations on patients as required to provide technical findings on test results for use in diagnosis and treatment;
- Manage special cases of radiology care and provide technical advice on findings for appropriate diagnosis and treatment;
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to junior consultants and doctors and offer second opinion as may be required to improve patient care;
- Coordinate research activities for the radiology department in line with set objectives;
- Identify professional development gaps and ensure implementation of appropriate professional development interventions for the radiology team in order to ensure the team has the right skills and exposure to best practices;
- Keep abreast local and global best practices in radiology and make recommendations to the Medical Director on how these impact the hospital;
- Recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies as well as report any repair and maintenance of the equipment to ensure optimal operational;
- Manage the radiation exposure to radiology staff to ensure that it remains within the recommended maximum limits as per the Atomic Agency guidelines;
- Manage implementation of all hospital approved quality management systems including ISO standards, environmental management system (EMS), occupational health and safety OH&S), and JCIA among others to ensure full compliance of the radiology department to the guidelines;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the radiology specialists’ team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Radiology from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 10 years’ radiology experience preferably in a hospital environment with 5 years at management level.
- Ability to review and interpret radiographic images
- Imaging skills including MRI, Ultra Sound and CT Scan
- Ability to develop and ensure implementation of radiology protocols
- Knowledge of radiation safety standards
- Knowledge of quality management systems related to radiography
- Leadership skills
- People management skills
- Patient care skills
- Budget preparation skills
- Inventory management and control skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to mentor
- Communication skills including facilitation and presentation skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 4th June 2021.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100