Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks individuals of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa has recently launched a WFP Innovation Hub for Eastern Africa to disrupt hunger in the region. Its main goals are to a) upscale & support local innovation ecosystems, b) support WFP country offices to test new products and innovations and c) facilitate best practices & knowledge sharing. Hosted with the regional partnership team, the WFP Innovation Hub for Eastern Africa identifies, supports and scales high potential solutions to hunger worldwide. It supports entrepreneurs (WFP innovators or external startups, NGOs, companies) to take their innovations to the next level – either getting ideas to the first proof of concept or already implemented solutions to the next scale-up.
The Regional Bureau Nairobi (RBN) oversees and supports some of the most innovative operations of the World Food Programme (WFP) and with its partnership lab drives engagement with a wide range of stakeholder.
We need you to reach the next level! Expect a high pace environment, a challenging context, an engagement with a wide range of stakeholders and a driven, dedicated team!
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: The candidate must have an undergraduate degree; a degree in business, communications, marketing or international development preferred.
Experience: Two to three years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Experiences working in a multicultural and fast-paced environment and in a large organization are beneficial.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme.
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience Good knowledge of Eastern Africa innovation ecosystems is a strong plus;
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy and provide a high-quality support service
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis, monitor and record financial transactions
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Regional Bureau is seeking a business support assistant to support the partnership and innovation team with the following tasks. The candidate, reporting to the Head of Partnership, is expected to:
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks for the team to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources;
- Serve as procurement and budget management focal point for the team;
- Provide support to travel management of team members;
- Provide operational support to run the innovation programme events (bootcamp, pitch events, etc.)
- Serve as HR, workplanning and knowledge management focal point for the team;
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff;
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes;
- Collect and perform basic analyses of data to contribute to quality business information management.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa, Nairobi
6 Months (Initial)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
May 28, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply