Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks individuals of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
WFP is seeking a candidate of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles to fill the position of a Cooperating Partner (CP) Management Consultant (SC7) to work under the Programme Cycle Management Unit (Cooperating Partner Management work-stream) based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Cooperating Partner/NGO workstream focuses on strengthening the capacity of COs (country offices) to effectively manage FLAs ( Field Level Agreements) reducing operational and financial risks and helping to build strong partnerships which support the deliverables of our Country Strategic Plans (CSPs).The process efficiencies include adoption of digital tools/templates, reconciliation of CP data in various platforms, contributions to Partner Action Plans and identification of emerging risks in the programme operations. The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: information science, social sciences, development studies, business administration, or a field relevant to international development assistance. University Degree in business studies, community development, social sciences, project management, statistics and development studies or any other related field is desirable.
Experience: At least 3 years post graduate progressively responsible experience in either partnerships management, programme implementation, communication, monitoring and evaluation for a humanitarian development agency. Experience in project management and rolling out digital solutions is an added advantage.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficiency in Windows, Office O365, (MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and other applications related to blogging.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procedures governing administration.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong project management, organization, and planning skills.
- Competencies: Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiating skills; strong team work skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to compile, maintain and analyze data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions and recommendations, and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts, effective and timely interaction with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal duties; and ability to work effectively and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Lead the roll out of the United Nation Partner Portal (UNPP) in the regional countries including update on the roadmap status matrix on trainings, information sessions, emerging issues/queries to produce a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for future trainings.
- Project manage the roll out of Partnership Connect system (Digital CP Distribution Report) to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures, which include convening the information sessions, updating information generated from the pilot discussion and usability sessions.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g., Country Office calls, usability analysis sessions and capacity assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of the digital initiatives (UNPP & Digital CPDR).
- Within the specific area of responsibility, support in preparation of a range of reports and data analysis (e.g., programme status, performance evaluations, country office issues) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within digitizing process working with HQ TEC team to resolve emerging issues.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Adoption of the UN Partner Portal in all RBN countries by December 2021.
- Pilot of Partnership Connect System completed; rollout plan drafted.
- Preliminary groundwork for further adoption of digital tools and templates for Cooperating Partner/NGO processes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Special Service Agreement
Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa, Nairobi
6 months till December 31, 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
March 28, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted