Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Internal Audit Manager
Position Reports to
The position is responsible for Support, executing audit engagements within specified time to accomplish the internal audit plan ensuring reliability and integrity of information and compliance with policies.
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Managerial Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop internal control measures and organize regular review of internal control measures;
- Assist in preparation of system and financial audit programmes and carrying out routine audit within the Company’s operations and activities;
- Recommend systems of internal controls and checks to ensure the company is compliant to all the set regulations and mitigate risks;
- Prepare and submit quarterly performance report with evidence of performance to the Board of Directors;
- Check the soundness of accounting procedures and reliability of financial records and reports;
- Implement the recommendations of the external auditors;
- Carry out audit investigations, undertaking financial, operational and investigative audits;
- Assist in designing, developing and updating the internal audit manual detailing audit plans;
- Prepare audit reports, queries and observations;
- Facilitate the periodic review of internal control systems to ensure their adequacy to prevent errors and irregularities;
- Carry out a review of accounting, financial and budgetary systems;
- Ascertain compliance with established, policies, plans, procedures and processes in the Company;
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting financial and other operating controls and promoting effective controls;
- Identify and document value add audit findings for discussion with management and eventual inclusion in the audit reports;
- Discuss the audit findings with the auditors and agree on appropriate actions for improvement to the noted short falls;
- Track the agreed actions and verify they have been implemented before closing the audit findings;
- Maintain continuous contact with the business units and where appropriate assist in addressing any emerging risks;
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives; and
- Check monthly and final financial statements to ascertain their accuracy and completeness;
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a sound audit manual detailing audit practices, procedures and standards;
- Review automated audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s methodology;
- Determine the accuracy and reliability of accounting records by analysing systems and internal controls;
- Ensure audit working papers are properly prepared, referenced, reviewed and documented systematically;
- Prepare management reports as required;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the Strategic Plan;
- Review and evaluate the financial controls, systems, procedures, books of account, financial statements and periodic financial reports; and
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Audit, Risk and Compliance committee in consultation with the office of the CEO.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Effective operational cost control and resource utilization
- Timely implementation of control standards for services offered by the department
- Effective supervision of employees assigned to the department
- Enhance productivity in the department
- Continuous process improvement of services offered by the department
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
- Ensure compliance to audit regulations and procedures
- Ensure internal checks and balances in the Company’s finances
- Ensure security of the existing financial systems
- Development of Annual Audit Plan
- Development of a schedule to meet the Operating Audit Plan.
Business Administration, Public Administration, Banking and Finance or equivalent qualifications
* Required Degree
Commerce or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting)
The jobholder must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Public Administration, Banking and Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- A Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) and a member of good standing with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- A Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and a member of good standing with the Institute of Internal Auditors Kenya (IIA)
- A Certified Financial Services Auditor® (CFSA®), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA ) or its equivalent and a member of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience with a minimum five (5) years auditing experience in a senior position.
- Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to achieve consistently, required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Organized, able to work both independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to identify solutions that effectively address business and control needs.
- Interpersonal skills for effective communication of audit results to functional heads and other stakeholders.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships.
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management and Leadership skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
Deadline: 2021-06-07 23:59:59