Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Receptionist must have exceptional customer service skills as the first point of contact for many internal and external clients, must be organized and efficient, personable and proficient in both written and verbal communication. Adept at managing general administrative tasks, effectively use her/ his knowledge and skills to manage front office duties such as correspondence, appointment scheduling and planning. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Welcome all visitors to BURN and announce them to the employee they are visiting.
- Adhere to BURN security policy in relation to visitors, ensuring guards report prior notice about all visitors.
- Manage reception at all times and arrange cover if working away from desk.
- Receive calls in a professional manner, route them as necessary and take messages.
- Ensure office, conference room and reception area are clean and tidy at all times.
- Schedule bookings for transportation, prioritizing key urgent requests.
- Arrange for mail to be sent, collected sorted and ensure it is distributed.
- Efficiently carry out general administrative support tasks and errands.
- Ensure the water filters are full at all times.
- Prepare tea and coffee for visitors and employees.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years of relevant experience in a busy office environment.
- Diploma in Computer Studies / Business related course.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Neat and professional appearance.
About BURN Manufacturing
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold 800,000+ stoves in Africa. These stoves have helped 4,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.