Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SoCha is USAID/Kenya East Africa’s Implementing Partner for the Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) Activity. The MSP Activity supports USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable KEA’s journey to self-reliance.
MSP has the following overall intermediate results:
- Strengthen monitoring, verification, and reporting systems to enhance USAID/KEA Mission programmatic effectiveness and accountability to stakeholders.
- Strengthen the design of and carry out evaluations, assessments, and analyses to enable the Mission to make informed decisions and utilize and disseminate learning.
- Improve coordination and collaboration within the Mission and with external stakeholders to enhance institutional learning and program effectiveness.
- Enable Mission staff and its stakeholders to adapt based on learning and inform mid-course corrections, shape future programming, and increase accountability and transparency.
- Support strategy development and process management as part of the program cycle to enable continuous planning, delivering, assessing, and adapting of development programs.
Scope of Work:
Objective 1: Adaptative management advanced through evidence-based learning. Key tasks include:
- Oversee Third-Party Monitoring, including data verification, context monitoring, implementation monitoring, data quality assessments, compliance monitoring, data analysis and visualization.
- Develop, review, and align project and activity MEL plans to Mission’s performance management plans (PMP) for the Country and Regional Development Cooperation Strategies (CDCS and RDCS).
- Provide technical assistance and support to the Mission’s information management systems and performance reporting.
- Carry out limited meta-evaluations, sector assessments, and thematic analyses.
- Provide support for the development of responsive evaluations, assessments and analyses, including drafting statements of work/objectives and cost estimates.
- Provide expert advice and facilitate the utilization and integration of evaluations, assessments and analyses findings and recommendations into the program cycle.
- Build Mission staff’s capacity in a variety of MEL approaches and methods through training (live and in-person), mentoring, etc.; support the Mission’s MEL Working Group.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report writing for high level deliverables.
- Quality Assurance of all products, documents and deliverables prepared by the PQI Team.
- Presentation of findings to USAID representatives and implementing partners.
- Line management and capacity building of the PQI team members and relevant STTA.
- Other duties as requested by SoCha Management and/or Chief of Party
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in economics, international development, or another related field.
- 10 years demonstrable experience in performance management, data management and analysis, and or monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL).
- Previous experience in overseeing Third-Party Monitoring (TPM), including data verification, , implementation monitoring, data quality assessments, compliance monitoring, data analysis and visualization.
- Experience in developing, reviewing, and aligning activity and project MEL plans to Mission performance management plans (PMPs).
- Ability to provide support in the development of responsive evaluations, assessments and analyses, including drafting statements of work/objectives and cost estimates.
- Experience providing training and/or building the capacity of Mission/IP staff in a variety of MEL topics.
- Experience in supporting technical teams and IPs to conduct periodic data quality assessments.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience managing teams across multiple on-going projects.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills, with experience in presenting to USAID missions.
- Advanced writing skills in English.
Period of Performance:
July 15, 2021 until Oct. 15, 2021 with the definite possibility of a 1-year extension subject to USAID approval of exercising the 3rd year option for MSP.
How to apply:
To lodge an application, please lodge your CV via the form below.