Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (NEW)
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC).
ACCOUNTANT (1 post)
Grade : P1
Reports to : Deputy Executive Secretary (Finance & Administration)
Station : LVBC Secretariat Headquarters – Kisumu, Kenya
Main purpose of the Job:
In collaboration with the Senior Accountant, the main purpose of the position is to administer and manage all financial aspects of the Commission including preparation and control of the budget, documentation of all receipts and payments, assets and liabilities and safe custody of security documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with Senior Accountant, formulate policies, strategies and procedures on financial administration and management;
- Advise management on the status and use of monthly and annual accounts;
- Guide budget preparations and discussions;
- In liaison with the Senior Accountant and other relevant Officers, settle bills and make relevant payments;
- Assist other Officers to review and revise their programme and project budgets where necessary;
- Prepare final accounts for submission to the external auditors in accordance with the existing Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Train other Accounts staff at a lower level;
- Actively participate in the annual audit exercise;
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Commission;
- Replace the Senior Accountant while absent;
- Perform any other work as may be assigned to by the Executive Secretary or Deputy Executive Secretary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate with Bachelors degree in Accounting / Business Administration / Commerce or Economics from a recognized University;
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA, CA, ACA, ACMA or equivalent Institution;
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in Accountant position;
- Member of accounting bodies would be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge in the use of computers, and in particular, knowledge of Accounting Soft wares like the “Sun-System” a must ;
- Ability to work in a team with good communication skills;
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity, good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be result oriented, with strong analytical, organization and decision-making skills.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 11th June 2021.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .