Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (NEW)
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are nationals of Republic of Burundi, Republic of South Sudan and the United Republic of Tanzania and are invited to apply for the following position tenable at Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) .
Grade : D1
Office : Office of Executive Secretary
Duty Station : Kisumu, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job:
To steer the process of developing the Lake Victoria Basin as an economic growth zone for the Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management of the Secretariat of the Commission in fulfilling its mandate as provided for in the LVBC Protocol;
- Overall coordinator of policy formulation by stakeholders on sustainable development and management of Lake Victoria Basin;
- Initiating and overseeing the implementation of the prioritized strategies in line with the Vision and Strategy Framework for Management and Development of Lake Victoria Basin;
- Coordinating the implementation of Partnership Agreements between the Community and Development Partners on sustainable development of the Basin;
- Liaising with Development Partners and Private Sector in mobilizing funds and establishing a sustainable funding mechanism for the Commission;
- Preparing and harmonizing negotiation positions for partner States on matters concerning the Basin;
- Coordinating the process of resolving inter-basin conflicts related to resource utilization;
- Overseeing the implementation of the Lake Victoria Transport Law;
- Developing work plans, budgets, and monitoring programmes for the work of the Commission;
- Act as Accounting Officer of the Commission;
- Promoting operational linkages with other similar regional and international agencies/institutions;
- Promoting a positive corporate culture and image of the East African Community in general and the Commission in particular.
Qualifications and experience :
- An advanced degree, preferably a PhD in Environmental Sciences, Natural/Environmental Resource Management (land, water, fisheries, forestry), Environmental Economics, Management Sciences, Environmental Law, Environmental Engineering, or related fields but with a deep understanding of global scientific issues.
- At least 15 years of experience 8 of which should be at a managerial level.
Skills and competencies:
Proven experience in project/programme development, planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of regional scientific and technical programmes is a must. Managerial experience in a technical environmental programme, and knowledge of socio-economic environmental issues .
Eligibility for applications:
Only applicants from the Republics of Burundi, South Sudan and United Republic of Tanzania are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The position is tenable on a five-year fixed term contract; non renewable.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 11th June 2021.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .