Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact- the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 50 plus countries and a global network pf more than 35, 000 technical experts Palladium has improved- and is committed to continuing to improve economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
In Kenya, with a staff of 129 people, Palladium works in economic growth, Private sector engagement, health, data, and digital solutions. In health, with USAID under several key programs, Palladium worked to advance sustainable financing of Kenya’s health policy priorities with a focus in HIV planning, reproductive health, malaria, and maternal health.
Additionally, our teams supported the Kenyan health systems and capacity building efforts covering governance for strategic planning, and health information systems development.
Furthermore, our teams work to improve clinical service delivery by strengthening electronic medica; records systems an creating a data warehouse.
Palladium is a child-safe organization and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Palladium Data, Informatics and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) practice vision is to improve health and development investments and outcomes by strengthening information and governance systems and local capacity and ownership at scale to use quality data in real time for positive impact
The incumbent will support the DIAS Finance & Administration Manager in recording and retrieving financial information of the project. This includes maintaining financial records, processing payments, handling cash for designated activities and keeping track of the projects material inventory all in line with the organization’s policies and procedures.
The Finance and Administration Officer will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and submit for supervisor approval all travel documents (Travel Authorization, Travel Advance Request & Travel Expense Report) and other expense reports.
- Ensure all local taxi vouchers received from approved taxi company are duly approved and prepare required taxi expenditure report.
- Perform quality control checks over invoices and claims to ensure calculations are accurate and necessary approvals have been obtained.
- Prepare payment vouchers for all approved invoices, claims and advances and ensure all payees are advised of funds remittances.
- Prepare all statutory returns, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB, NITA, pension and withholding taxes and ensure timely remittance.
- Record vouchers and other financial information in the reporting system
- Maintain safe custody of project petty cash and ensure issuance is in line with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in appropriate supplier selection / bidding processes for select purchase requisitions.
- Assist with conducting due diligence on preferred vendors and maintain appropriate procurement and audit documentation.
- Keep accurate and secure custody of financial information including procurement information in both hard and soft copies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel files including timesheets and ensure all related HR information is properly recorded.
- Prepare required files for internal and external audits.
- In his/her absence, serve as the Project backstop to the Finance and Administration Manager
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Relevant work experience
- Experience supporting finance, administration and operations activities for complex and large-scale donor funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of USG and USAID financial procedures, rules and regulations.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively and high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences.
- Excellent communication skills.