Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Financial Planning and Analysis Lead – East Africa Cluster
To support the Regional Head Financial Planning and Analysis in providing professional guidance in Financial Planning and Analysis, supporting country and cluster Business Development Managers and providing assurance on the underlying business financial performance.
The post holder will be in charge of analysing and interpreting long – and short – term financial and operational plans through management reporting, analysis and interpretation of financial trends, impact assessment and timely advising of business leaders in conjunction with the Regional Head in order to enable informed decisions.
Main opportunities and challenges for this role:
- This is a critical advisory role where effectiveness is dependent on ability to influence. Personal confidence and credibility is required to ensure advice is seriously considered by senior members of the Regional team.
- The post holder may be expected to travel within the region.
- As with any business that experiences peaks
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Accountable for the analysis and interpretation of long-term financial and operational plans for Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda, being countries within the East Africa cluster, including all SBUs through management reporting, analysis and interpretation of financial trends:
- The post-holder will Lead the planning process for Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda, being countries within the East Africa cluster, including all SBUs, challenging submissions and identifying synergies and ensuring delivery to deadlines.
- Support planning and rolling re-forecasting processes as requested by Regional Head FP&A to ensure that information obtained from these processes is reliable.
- Analyses growth trends, product trends and KPIs and support the Regional Head FP&A in making recommendations to maximize opportunities and manage risks to ensure targets are met.
- Support Country Directors in understanding the key business risks and opportunities driving performance.
- Liaise with business leads and Regional Head FP&A for any variances between business planning and operational figures and provide explanations / commentary
- Review financial performance with the business leads and make recommendations for action to address issues identified at Country or Regional levels.
- Deliver outputs within corporate and regional timelines as requested by Regional Head FP&A.
- Provide value adding insights driving monthly and quarterly performance for the cluster.
- Coach and support individuals and teams within the cluster countries and SBUs.
- Actively support equality and diversity and work to the British Council’s EDI policy at all times.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The ideal candidate should be skilled in Financial Planning and Management Accounting and also in the following areas:
- Business Performance Management
- Financial Analysis
- Management Reporting
- Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Business partnering
Pay band: 7
Contract type: Fixed Term- Indefinite
Alternative locations the role could be based: Flexible (within SSA)
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree level education.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering in similar roles.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Operational financial management and or management accounting.
- Delivery of results within a complex international structure and reporting to tight deadlines.
- Working in virtual teams
Experience working with SAP
Closing Date – 6 June 2021 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time
Additional Information: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.