Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: ARO070521
Employment Type: Temporary Contract
Job Grade: 6.01
The post involves supporting laboratory molecular assays and analysis in the department with a focus on SARS-CoV-2. The ARO will optimise the assays, lead the QC processes and be involved in any analysis of the data which will be analysed with the help of the PI and colleagues.
- Head of Biosciences
- Assigned Interns
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Placing laboratory orders.
- Laboratory based at KWTRP in Kilifi, Kenya.
- To implement, optimize and troubleshoot various molecular assays RNA extraction, and real time PCR
- To generate molecular data on SARS-CoV-2 using molecular-based technologies.
- To manage and update sample shipments from other labs and usage at KWTRP.
- To keep accurate laboratory records on the assay development and data generation
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases and prepare reports as may be required.
- To contribute to the writing of scientific manuscripts
- Take charge in managing and monitoring lab resources/consumables by ensuring that these are continually available and raise requisitions for replenishments in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all quality assurance procedures are followed in the laboratory in line with the laboratory Quality Management System.
- Ensure laboratory equipment and instruments are standardised and calibrated, preventive maintenance tasks are undertaken and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instrument.
- Ensure that all samples are received, and relevant documentation is provided and processed in line with relevant QC guidelines
- Co-ordinate QAQC, EQA, IQC and regulatory agency activities including documentation and monitoring.
- Manage and dispose of waste in line with laid down guidelines including segregation and use of specified waste disposal facilities.
- Supervise laboratory staff including training laboratory staff on testing procedures, analysis, SOPs etc.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biological sciences, molecular biology, or biotechnology or equivalent.
- At least One years’ relevant work experience
- Detailed knowledge of the procedures relevant to the work.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications, basic knowledge in R is an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to keep accurate scientific records.
- Must be enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Based at the KEMRI/Wellcome Trust Research Programme in Kilifi, Kenya but be flexible to travel to other partner or collaborating institutions.
- Be available to work out of hours if necessary.
- Exposure to materials considered infectious and/or biohazards.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 31 May, 2021.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).