Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: CO-24052021
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
Job Grade: 6.01
To provide efficient and effective clinical care to trial participants enrolled in the clinical trials at the Clinical Research Department. These include Phase 1-4 trials including the COVID-19 vaccine (COV004), the Yellow Fever vaccine trial (NIFTY) and VAC078 trial – a phase III randomized controlled trial that involves evaluating efficacy of a malaria vaccine. The post holder is expected to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure high quality clinical care provision to the trial participants.
- Research Medical Officer
- Project Manager
The job will entail performing physical examination, taking medical history, and using standardized case report forms to record the participant’s information. The clinical officer will also be involved in the management of safety issues related to the vaccine and the collection and tracking of information on adverse events and protocol deviations that occur during the study.
- Take a leading role in the consenting and enrollment of eligible trial participants.
- Provision of clinical care to the study participants, maintain study documentation and ensure compliance to the study protocol.
- Ensure the completion of all the relevant CRFs and will be responsible for the transcription of information from the source documents to the CRFs.
- Ensure all the study procedures are followed in accordance with the protocol and any concerns regarding the study procedures addressed.
- Undertake clinical review for all the study participants during follow-up visits and ensure timely sample collection and safe vaccination.
- Timely reporting of adverse events.
- Provide regular updates to the trial management team on the status of the study.
- Attend and participate in trial related meetings and any other relevant CTF meeting as required.
- Attend clinical skills training and updates when required.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- At least 3 years clinical experience.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- Certificate in Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Knowledge/ experience in patient care and in undertaking medical procedures.
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or bio- hazardous.
To apply for this post, you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 7 June, 2021.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).