Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The position holder is responsible for providing effective leadership in financial management and administration, Procuring audit services in accordance with procurement policy and procedures and Human Resources services for the Association.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new processes & programs; updating procedures.
- Maintains continuity among membership, Executive Board and Secretariat teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Manages writing of reports for senior management and delivering presentations.
- Manages and addresses membership enquiries and complaints.
- Manages and approves Membership communications.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or similar;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Understanding and knowledge of the travel industry is a requirement;
- An MBA is an added advantage;
- At least 5-7 years of overall professional experience with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role;
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously;
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds;
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your CV and Cover Letter in PDF format with the Job Title as the subject line of the email to email@example.com
Application Deadline is 31st May 2021