Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis – by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
In 2020, Komaza committed to establish a new operational site to receive increasing volumes of farmer-grown tree logs and processing them into primary wood products for the local and export markets. The new site is located in the County of Nyandarua, on account of the availability of farmers and farmland that is suitable for Komaza’s planting model and preferred tree species, and Ol Kalou, Nyandarua’s administrative centre, was selected as the area to establish the site.
The Technician is preventative maintenance and focused improvement specialist engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the multi-skilled Technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. The Technician is also intimately involved with setting the maintenance strategy for the respective production area.
The Technician is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at a post apprentice level in at least two of the principal engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical or Instrumentation and Control. The Technician must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver actively engaged in maintaining a safe work environment, which protects product quality and reduces waste and other environmental impacts. In addition to being a positive contributor to the factory’s work environment and culture, the technician will act as a leading coach and mentor to the operations team around the areas of mechanical engineering and World Class Maintenance techniques.
What You Will Do
- Manage PLC and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks (eg Programme modifications, Force Devices and fault finding).
- Safety – Utilize all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Workplace Hazards – Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task.
- Environment – Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality – Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
- Leadership – Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
- Continuous Improvement – Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in the production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- WCM – Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and the impact this has on the Key Performance Indicators in the production area (PQSCDMI); must understand the critical inter-relation between WCM and TPM.
- Problem Solving – Can identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Decision Making – Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
- Project Management – Achieve the project’s desired outcomes in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
- Business Awareness – Understanding the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company’s share.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear). Troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components
- Establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Instrumentation and Control Skills:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Internal Architecture of Programme Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS); their Applications and Knowledge of the Number Systems they use.
- Amend control and software documentation.
What You Have
- Diploma in Engineering relevant engineering disciplines (as graded by national standards): Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation and Control
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or related field.
- Required at least Class B EPRA registration for the Electrical Technician.
- Required to support report writing, data analysis, problem-solving, mechanical calculations, leadership and coaching skills.
- Experienced working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector, preferably Sawmill.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Programme Logic Control qualifications.
- Experience in manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
- Experience as a team member within a project management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Great vision without great people is irrelevant, Jim Collins wisely stated. If you share Komaza’s vision and want to help make it a reality, apply today! We offer a competitive remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career.
Komaza is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.