Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principle Officer; Cyber Security Assurance – (21000242)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security Department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Security Strategy & Design, the successful candidate will lend support in ensuring all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Safaricom’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS etc… The candidate will also provide timely security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight timelines.
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Company’s systems/infrastructure
- Ensure all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Company’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS and Kenya Data Protection Act
- Provide timely and quality security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight deadlines
- Do regular follow ups with system custodians/owners to ensure any security risks identified are addressed within the agreed timelines
- Define Cyber Security metrics and report periodically on security compliance across all networks/systems
- Develop a monthly scorecard for each department based on how well they are performing in terms of Cyber Security compliance
- Research on new threats/technologies/vulnerabilities/security design principles etc.
- Degree in Information Security/Computer Forensics/Computer Science/Information Technology or other relevant Technical Degree
- Information security certifications e.g. CEH/CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CPTP/OSCP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE are also preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate competency in the use and administration of ethical hacking tools e.g. KALI Linux, Metasploit, Nexpose, Nessus, Nmap, BurpSuite etc…
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in Information Systems Security – e.g. Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Pre-and-Post Implementation System Reviews, etc
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in Networking and Operating Systems e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows (All), Unix, Linux etc
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MongoDB, Post gress etc will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Virtualization & Microservices technologies e.g. VMware, Open shift, Kubernetes, Docker etc will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies e.g. AWS and Azure will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge and experience in DevSecOps technologies and practices i.e. Jenkins, Jira, Github, Gitlab etc will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD etc will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Excellent time management skills i.e. getting things done in a timely manner
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Very analytical and keen on details
- Customer obsessed
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
Deadline si 29th May, 2021