Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Young Women Christian Association Kenya (YWCA) is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization wish invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions within their establishment.
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
POSITIONS: One (1)
SUPERVISOR: Head of Programs
DUTY STATION: Head Office
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position is responsible for facilitating the implementation of YWCA’s branch programs and general secretariat activities. The person will be responsible for mobilization, coordination, implementation, management, administration, monitoring and evaluation. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring regional documentation, sharing of experiences and lessons that enhance regional impact and provide accountability to headquarters, partners and other stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating activities with various projects partners and interface with National and County government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Represent YWCA in meetings, forums, seminars and conferences that are related to the YWCA’s project specific work.
- Develop strategic links and collaborations with other local, national and international organizations to deliver common goals relating to campaigns in areas around the protection and empowerment of women, adolescent girls and children
- Based on YWCA’s thematic areas, the incumbent will develop branch programs and projects that will facilitate branch and national level initiatives and interventions.
- Provide oversight on project planning, implementation and review.
- Design, plan and facilitate the implementation strategies, agendas and campaigns that support branch program, activities and initiatives.
- Responsible for strengthening the management and directing the project including the planning and monitoring of the project in collaboration with the partners.
- Ensuring the technical quality of implementation of activities and accompany the teams in the field.
- Management and coordination of field operations ensuring compliance with program policies.
- Responsible for feedback and accountability of projects at the branch level.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of budgets, and ensure control for branch activities.
- Develop strategies with emphasis on accountable governance, inclusion and participation.
- Facilitate the production of quality, accurate and timely program reports and documents as per the agreement, requirements and schedules/work plans
Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
- Ensure availability of accurate regional data and information to support the development of concept papers and funding proposals.
- Facilitate documentation and documentation of the impact of branch initiatives
Research, Advocacy and Capacity Building
- Facilitate research and study on specific contextual issues affecting the lives of women in the branches, identify branch advocacy issues and make available useful information for the effective advocacy.
- Build the capacity of members and staff around advocacy issues, facilitate and lead the regional advocacy initiatives
- Support programs to undertake research on policy matters, build case studies and assist in conducting operations research to inform program work and agendas.
- Facilitates YWC’s capacity building work among membership by analyzing specific needs and organizing relevant capacity building programs
Branch Financial Management
- Prepares and administers branch budgets
- Responsible for branch budget monitoring
- Ensure financial accountability to Head of Programs
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure timely submission of data needed for proposal development
- Ensure that all the requisite monitoring and evaluation tools and templates are used appropriately
- Ensure that lessons or outcomes are shared with respective officers in a timely manner
- Facilitate timely development of activity reports arising from branch operations
- Read and review the reports and documentation to ensure they are of adequate quality in content and language.
Management of staff
- Responsible for supervision and management of direct reports
- Provide leadership, mentorship and capacity building to staff
- Maintain an effective, committed and motivated staff team and ensure that staff issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Handle grievances and disciplinary issues in a timely manner
- Undertake performance appraisal/evaluation of direct reporting staff
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
- Level of Education/Academic qualification
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university or its equivalent. Master’s degree in related field will be an added advantage
Other Competencies/abilities/skills required
- Leadership ability
- Knowledge of strategies around behavior change and GBV
- Project Management, Planning and Organizational skills
- Grants management skills
- Design and delivery of capacity development methodologies skills
- Fundraising skills
- Computer skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Report writing skills
Relevant Job experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in development, accountable governance, inclusion and participation
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in managing democracy and governance related projects
- Experience in advocating for the rights of women, adolescent girls and children
Qualified and Interested candidates who uphold Christian values should visit www.ywcakenya.org for job specifications. The positions are contractual and interested candidates should send their application, CV, professional and academic certificates on PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title and availability by close of business on 31st May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the positions will be filled pending project approval and client funding.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
DISCLAIMER: YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.