Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Young Women Christian Association (YWCA) – Kenya is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization wishes invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions within their establishment.
JOB TITLE: Legal Protection Officer
POSITIONS: One (1)
SUPERVISOR: Head of Programs
DUTY STATION: Head Office
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide and facilitate legal, technical, institutional and related services to the YWCA USAID project on matters around protection and empowerment of women, adolescent girls and children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offer legal and technical counsel on matters affecting women, adolescent girls and children.
- Implement protection policy and procedures
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing protection of women, girls and children
- Raise awareness of the protection officer to beneficiaries
- Raise awareness of the Code of Conduct for working with children, girls and women involved in the project
- Challenge behavior that breaches the Code of Conduct
- Draw, peruse, complete and interpret legal documents on behalf of the YWCA
- Draw and respond to court matters affecting women, girls and children
- Keep abreast of developments in the relevant field and advising without lapse
- Maintain a register of all project contracts where the Organization is party
- Maintain confidential records of reported cases and action taken
- Submit reports detailing the Organizations legal risks and management strategy for the same
- Take up any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATIN RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic qualification
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Current advocate’s Practicing Certificate
Other Competencies/abilities/skills required
- Good Understanding of court procedures and processes
- Experience in conveyancing law and practice
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
Relevant Job experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position especially within a Non-governmental Organization
Qualified and Interested candidates who uphold Christian values should visit www.ywcakenya.org for job specifications. The positions are contractual and interested candidates should send their application, CV, professional and academic certificates on PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title and availability by close of business on 31st May 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the positions will be filled pending project approval and client funding.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
DISCLAIMER: YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.