Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CORPORATION SECRETARY AND LEGAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Legal Officer Ref No. CAK/01.05/2021
- Undertaking Legal research;
- Carrying out Legal Audits;
- Ensuring proper filing of legal documents;
- Attending court, filling in the court attendance forms and drafting court updates for submission to the Senior Legal Officer;
- Vetting and Drafting of contracts, leases and other conveyance documents;
- Reviewing of proposed legislation and assessing their impact on competition;
- Preparing legal opinions for review and approval by the Senior Legal Officer;
- Drafting Gazette Notices and Legal Notices for review and approval by the Senior Legal Officer;
- Undertaking research and review of existing laws that impact on the Authority’s core functions;
- Preparing pleadings on behalf of the Authority to be filed in the law courts and the Competition Tribunal;
- Attending court and appearing on behalf of the Authority before the law courts and the Competition Tribunal;
- Assisting in the updating of the staff Conflict of Interest Register, Non conformities Register and Legal Opinion Register;
- Assisting in the updating the ISO Legal Department processes; and
- Tracking Parliamentary Order Papers to track progression of statutory amendments relevant to the Authority’s operations.
Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Post graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya.
- Membership of Law Society of Kenya;
- Possession of Valid Practicing Certificate;
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their applications to:
Competition Authority of Kenya
P.O Box 36265 – 00200
Email: email@example.com or; log into the Authority’s Recruitment Portal https://jobs.cak.go.ke:802 or; Drop Point: Kenya Railways HQ’s, Block “D” ground floor,
The application shall include:
- Application letter;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of National Identification Card;
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) professional referees.
Applications close on 7th June, 2021 at 1700hrs. Only applications with all the required attachments will be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The Competition Authority of Kenya is “An ALL Inclusive Employer”
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.