Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Network Operations Centre (NOC) Shift Engineer
Job Title NOC Shift Engineer
Department/ Division: ICT
Job Grade: Officer
Reports to: NOC Manager
Direct Reportees: None
The NOC Shift Engineer is responsible for monitoring the ICT & Telecoms infrastructure, network & systems for stability to maintain 24×7 operations and resolve service impacts as they occur.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
• Pro-active monitoring of the entire IT Infrastructure and applications systems.
• Performance monitoring, diagnose, and resolve performance issues.
• Applying software and hardware monitoring tools to detect and action faults & warnings
• First Line resolution as per the SLA’s.
• Follow up to confirm service availability and stability after resolution.
• Logging tickets in the ticketing system take ownership and follow up to closure.
• Log calls to service Providers on the various faults captured on proactive monitoring.
• Updating Ticketing tool with relevant professional information during and after fault resolution.
• Resolution of tickets assigned and closure within the working shifts.
• Provision of the incident report with ticket closure.
• Escalation of unresolved tickets to Support Level 2, NOC Engineers and the SME’s as per the Incident Management Procedures and keeping shift leader in copy of all escalation
• Daily/shift reports as per shift responsibility.
• Provision of the incident reports with ticket closure and Daily/shift reports as per shift responsibility.
• Use of network monitoring tools.
• Proficiency in networking principles; TCP/IP, OSI and IP Addressing.
• Experience in handling computer networks, wide area networks, Oracle and IBM systems, data centres, telecommunications networks and tape library solutions.
• LAN and WAN troubleshooting skills and a solid understanding of network security.
• Can configure switches and routers remotely.
• Able to develop provisioning scripts (e.g. PERL) and can validate and troubleshoot new provisioning scripts.
• Prior experience working with Service and Incident Management applications such as Remedy, Smarts, Voyence, Spectrum, Siebel, Clarity, HP Service Management, Solarwinds and Clarify and other like OSS/BSS applications.
• Understanding of NMS, Ticketing and Databases Tools.
• Strong network diagnostic skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
Key Critical Competencies
• Putting customers/business first; must have a passion for serving others.
• Good and clear oral & written communication skills.
• People skills.
• Must be a team player; work well in a busy team, quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
• Good problem solving capabilities.
• Ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
• Forecasting, planning and thinking ahead.
• Understanding information in different formats such as pictorial, verbal and print representations.
• Performing through people.
• Operating under pressure and tight deadlines & schedules.
• Working in 24/7 shifts; must have a flexible attitude to working times or arrangements.
• Making a personal difference.
• Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
• Able to manage relationships between several services providers contracted to provide services to ICT.
• Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years’ NOC experience.
• Knowledge of Technical, IT, NOC systems and procedures
• Experience in the Banking hardware and software.
• Ability to solve different network problems including those that cannot be resolved using typical methods.
• ITSM (ITIL) Certificate / Trainings.
• Vendor Trainings.
• Linux or windows system administration is an added advantage.