Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KTDA Power Company Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of KTDA Holdings Ltd. Its mandate is to encourage and promote the smallholder tea sector to develop small hydro-power projects (SHP) with the aim of reducing operating costs, increasing power supply reliability, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and diversifying sources of revenue.
We are seeking to appoint competent, dynamic, highly qualified and talented professionals to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging positions. To be considered you must be computer literate, proactive and resilient. You must possess strong communication, analytical, organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, KTDA Power Company, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations of the hydro power plants.
- Ensuring operations and maintenance of plant and equipment in conformity with established SOPs.
- Monitoring equipment performance and keeping records of any observed deviations and abnormalities;
- Ensuring regular preventive maintenance activities are carried out in a timely and safe manner;
- Participating in ensuring statutory inspections are carried out;
- Participating in continuous upgrading of machines and equipment to keep pace with changing technology;
- Participating in preparation of budget and adherence to approved levels;
- Participation in the equipment performance monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Ensuring observation and compliance to environmental, health and safety measures and regulations and Coordinating environmental audits;
- Conducting training activities for maintenance staff and other personnel as and when required;
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance program;
- Ensuring timely and accurate plant data capture including billing records, energy generation, plant performance among others;
- Monitors plant operation, energy generation and distribution;
- Participate in the installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems;
- Champion the implementation of a KTPC policies and procedures manual
- Overseeing the implementation of an O&M Manual/ISO and QAP
The ideal candidates must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: –
- Higher national diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical and hydraulic drawings;
- Ability to maintain mechanical systems;
- Should have working knowledge in the operation of hydraulic machines and specifically in hydraulic turbines, transformers, circuit breakers, intake gates, power distribution lines e.t.c;
- Should be able to troubleshoot complex problems in a power plant;
- Should have strong analytical skills and be result oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management and Leadership skills;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the plant;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
How to apply
Please visit our recruitment website http://www.ktdateas.com/recruitment. and apply online not later than 2nd June 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification