Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities. In line with this mandate, the NSE is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Chief Internal Auditor.
The Chief Internal Auditor will provide the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee with an objective and independent assurance and at the same time offer consulting role designed at adding value and improving the NSE’s operations.
He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing independent, systematic and objective audit review and evaluation of business policies, systems, processes and practices to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and degree of compliance as well as identifying organisational gaps & deficiencies and ensuring that good corporate governance practices are implemented to enhance the NSE’s credibility and brand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide strategic and thought leadership in the development and implementation of internal audit strategies, audit charter, policies and procedures in order to achieve the Exchange’s objectives;
2. Coordinate, supervise and continuously coach the audit team;
3. Prepare risk based annual audit plan aligned to the Exchange’s objectives for continuous audit of the organisation’s risk management, internal controls, governance process and financial statements;
4. Planning and timely execution of Information Systems, Financial, Operational, and Compliance audits as well as audit of projects in line with applicable standards such as IPPF and IFRS;
5. Preparation of audit reports, clearance of any audit queries with various Heads of Department, Chief Executive and Chairperson of Audit Committee;
6. Preparation, attendance and presentation of audit reports to the Audit Risk and Compliance Committee;
7. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all stakeholders;
8. Work closely with external auditors and other assurance providers;
9. Continuous tracking of closure of all issues raised by Internal audit, external auditors, and other assurance providers; and
10. Conducting any investigations and other assignment(s) as may be required by the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and/or Management.
i) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or Business Administration from a recognized institution; Possession of a Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
ii) Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
iii) Other Professional qualification in audit, information systems, fraud and investigation e.g. CISA, CFE would be an added advantage.
iv) Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya in good standing.
v) Minimum eight (8) years relevant professional experience in the areas of internal or external audit, compliance and risk management gained from an organization with strong internal control frameworks. At least five (5) years must have been in senior management role with exposure to Board reporting.
vi) In-depth knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards, International Standards on Auditing and International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing is a must.
i) Good knowledge of the Kenyan Capital Markets’ systems, technology and risk framework
ii) Good knowledge & understanding of the Capital Markets regulatory framework
iii) Sound understanding and working knowledge of financial information systems
iv) Hands-on experience in carrying out Information Systems audits
v) Hands-on experience in the use Computer Assisted Audit Techniques
vi) Ability to provide timely and accurate information on matters related to audit without compromising the independence or objectivity of the risk management function
vii) Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current salary and benefits as well as your expected salary, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Wednesday 9th June, 2021.
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC
The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road
P.O. Box 43633–00100
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NSE is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality. We will seek to recruit the most qualified person for the job irrespective of race, colour, marital status, ethnicity, disability, religion, or gender. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Beware of various employment scams who request detailed information and/or money, in connection with supposed registration fees, interviews and medical examinations. NSE DOES NOT charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.