Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of almost 500. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Connectivity for Learning Activity. The activity will aim to improve reading and social and emotional skills while strengthening local capacity to support and manage distance learning. The activity will have a unique focus on embedding caregivers and teachers with the knowledge, skills, and training to support learners in their homes, and ensuring that the intervention is sustainable beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. The COP will serve as the program’s principal contact point for USAID, and will oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial, ensuring that IREX procedures are adhered to for activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting.
Only citizens of Kenya or permanent residents with Kenyan work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program and the team, deploying innovative and adaptive program implementation that engages a wide range of stakeholders while effectively meeting donor deliverables
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for the design and implementation of program activities
- Serve as the program’s principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key partners and stakeholders
- Develop workplans through participatory and collaborative processes, oversee workplan implementation, responsively adapting to changes and lessons learned throughout implementation
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships for successful program implementation
- Ensure activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Identify issues and risks to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Supervise, manage, and mentor the program’s staff, in close coordination with IREX HQ
- Oversee program budgeting, financial management, and compliance
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities; promote a culture of learning and adaptation across the program and partners
- Oversee program communications and represent the program publicly
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Kenyan citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, or implementing USAID-funded programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with local partners and counterparts, preferably in Kenya
- Demonstrated experience in education programming, including capacity building of local institutions or bolstering distance learning options for reading instruction and social and emotional skills, preferably in Kenya
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet program objectives
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s or higher preferred) in education, international development, social sciences, or a related field
- Fluent English language skills required