Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of almost 500. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Connectivity for Learning Activity. The activity will aim to improve reading and social and emotional skills while strengthening local capacity to support and manage distance learning. The activity will have a unique focus on embedding caregivers and teachers with the knowledge, skills, and training to support learners in their homes, and ensuring that the intervention is sustainable beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. The DCOP will be responsible for managing all field operations under the overall direction of the Chief of Party. This individual will oversee the project’s operations.
Only citizens of Kenya or permanent residents with Kenyan work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to and general oversight of the program’s operations and administrative staff
- Monitor budget and provide required reporting in close coordination with IREX HQ
- Provide leadership in financial reporting, audit reviews, and assessment processes
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with IREX, USAID, and Kenyan regulations
- In coordination with IREX HQ and the Chief of Party, establish and ensure implementation operational policies and procedures for the program
- Manage the technical components of the program—ensuring that they are properly executed, responsive to changing program requirements, and results-oriented
- Provide review and input for program documents (workplans, monthly and quarterly reporting, and other USAID reports and internal progress reports)
- Manage effective communication and coordination with IREX’s HQ team
- Review and approve grant agreements and/or subcontracts if any are planned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Kenyan citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- At least seven (7) years of experience managing operations on development/technical assistance programs in Kenya
- Technical expertise in education programming, including capacity building of local institutions or bolstering distance learning options for reading instruction and social and emotional skills highly preferred
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing development/technical assistance programs
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Fluent English language skills required