Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Production Support Engineer
Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. We are building the digital bank for the next billion!
So far, more than 6 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our Android app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
As a Production Support Engineer you will support, monitor and maintain the high availability of our platform across all of our markets. You’ll work closely with engineering, CX, product and program teams globally for production incident response and post-mortem processes. You’ll work with the CX team to discover areas of improvement for our product based on their feedback and the customer communication. You’ll continuously review and improve our existing monitoring and alerting systems.
- Ownership of risk event process for the East Africa & Asia timezone: coordinate teams responding to an incident, communicate effectively, oversee post-mortem and monitor that the follow-up action items are completed
- Continuous improvement of our monitoring dashboards and alerts
- In collaboration with the CX team, identify patterns in customer and product issues and propose improvements
- Identify and communicate repeating themes around risk events and propose improvements to prevent recurrence of the same issues
- Keep track of metrics related to production performance and identify areas of improvement
- 2+ years of experience working in technology environment with experience in microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience in incident response or similar role
- Knowledge of various monitoring platforms such as AWS CloudWatch, SumoLogic, APM monitoring (NewRelic, Instana), mobile (Crashlytics data), BI (Looker)
- Sufficient knowledge of relational databases to be able to construct basic queries
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to coordinate incident response and communicate effectively with stakeholders from variety of teams across different time zones
- Ability to remain calm under pressure during a production incident resolution
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.