Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
The Assistant Clerk of Works will work under the supervision of the Projects Manager to ensure that the interests of Cytonn Real Estate are represented with regards to ensuring that the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification and engineering drawings, in addition to recognized quality standards
- Coordinate, monitor and inspect construction works by contractors for assigned projects on behalf of the Cytonn Real Estate
- Review contractor’s shop drawings and provide comments on conformance/non-conformance to architect
- Act as liaison between architect and contractor
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to Project Manager, Architect and contractor
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay
- To be responsible for the inspection of the workmanship and practices of contractors and/or crews engaged in construction
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for the project manager and the architect as required
- Measure, record and prepare monthly reports of works executed on site with the supervision of the clerk of works.
- Report the Defects on the construction works post the handover of project/phase and pursue for closure of all the defects with contractors
- Assist Facility Management team in handover of units to the clients
- Report and track all the DLP issues to Project Manager and Facility Manager
- Review the contractor applications of Bill of Quantities
- Any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time
- A grade of C+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in mathematics and languages
- Diploma or higher national diploma in Civil Engineering, building Construction, Quantity Surveying or Structural Engineering and above would be preferable or any other relevant building construction qualification. Registration at the Institute of Clerk of Works of Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Work experience of 5 to 8 years in a busy mixed use development
- Practical Knowledge of project plan development and implementation
- An in-depth knowledge of the construction industry
- A sound knowledge of building regulations
- Responsible and work under pressure depending on site program deadline
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Good written and oral communication skill
- The ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- The ability to meet targets
- Innovative and solution oriented individuals
Working on diverse projects within the real estate sector thus integration of new technical know-how.
Site project management and experience.
Quality control and budgets for projects.
Deadline is 11th June 2021