Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/005/2021
Position Title: Programme Assistant (SC4)
Duty Station: Nairobi
Contract Type: NPP (Service Contract)
Duration: 4 Months (Extension Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds)
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
General Description of Task(s) and Objectives to be Achieved: Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for Somalia and the direct supervision of the FSNAU Chief Technical Advisor, the incumbent will provide programme, administrative and operational support in the implementation of FSNAU projects in close coordination and collaboration with the Operations Associate and the Finance Assistant assigned to FSNAU projects.
Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the following:
- Initiate, processing and follow up of activity budget preparation, approval, operational advance disbursement and liquidation;
- Initiate the preparation and follow up for the approval of TOR, security clearance, TA, flight booking, back to office reports and related actions;
- Initiate procurement activities and follow up on approval, liaise with contracted vendors on delivery of goods and services and payment of contracted vendors;
- Initiate the preparation of partnership agreements (LOAs/LOUs) and follow up on approval, submission of reports and processing of payments to government/NGO partners;
- Liaise with logistics, security and travel to coordinate the collection and archiving of survey questionnaires and delivery of maps and other related items, including cargo ticket issue and cargo checking;
- Maintain up-to-date basic records required for project implementation, and reference records on directives and procedures relating to field operations work; reconcile operational records with other corporate records of the organization regarding personnel, budget, training, purchases, contracts and reports;
- Review incoming mail and identify action to be taken; prepare replies on routine operational matters;
- On instruction of the supervisor, prepare a broad variety of administrative actions necessary for the timely implementation of projects, including recruitment actions, travel requests, briefing schedules and procurement of equipment, works and services as well as partnership agreement (LOA and PA);
- Liaise with field staff, HQs, Public Administrations, NGO, Counterparts on all administrative and operations matters as requested;
- During the absence of the direct supervisor, take appropriate action in the day-to-day work related to project activities in line with the approved work plans and brief the direct supervisor on return;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators (Expected Outputs and Required Completion Date)
- Timely initiation, processing and follow up of activity budget preparation, approval, operational advance disbursement and liquidation (Daily);
- Timely initiation of preparation and follow up for the approval of TOR, security clearance, TA, flight booking, back to office reports and related actions (Daily);
- Timely initiation of procurement activities and follow up on approval, liaise with contracted vendors on delivery of goods and services and payment of contracted vendors (As instructed);
- Timely initiation of partnership agreements (LOAs/LOUs) preparation and follow up on approval, submission of reports and processing of payments to government/NGO partners (As instructed).
Academic and Work Experience Qualifications
- University degree in social sciences, development studies, business administration, public administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least four years of experience in programme management, administration and operations.
- Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English) and working knowledge of Somali language is required.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel and Exchange) etc.
Office Management Skills:
- Systematic, well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, effective time management, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/005/2021 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae.
E-mail is the preferred means of receipt and the application should be sent to HR-Somalia@fao.org.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.
Deadline for Application: 8th June 2021