Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an accountant to provide quality and efficient service for the unit’s clients (programmes and other units) in the field of finance &administration.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Recording of daily financial transactions into the system in place and ensuring all transactions are recorded and presented for posting to the headquarters by 1st of the following month.
- Timely processing of supplier payments with accurate supplier account reconciliations and proper supporting documentation in compliance with the policies.
- Promptly submit to the headquarters all supporting documentation for all transactions posted in the system.
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Ensure the current account is reconciled and any outstanding items is actioned before end of the following month.
- Prepare and monitor the farm’s operational budget and cashflow and participate in the capital expenditure planning process.
- Record and account all farm sales and expenditure, manage and account for the farm’s petty cash and ensure petty cash management policy is fully followed.
- Prepare and process the farm’s Payroll, staff benefits to comply with current statutory taxation and employment law.
- File statutory deductions and annual returns with the relevant government authorities.
- Prepare and file monthly closing journals, reconcile payroll related control accounts and overall month to month reconciliation of payroll.
- Compute terminal dues payable on separation and passing related journals
- Review all GPA, GLA, WIBA and medical insurance schedules before payments processing.
3. Fixed assets and inventory
- Reconcile Kapiti Fixed Assets ledger and register at the end of every month.
- Maintain detailed asset information in the asset register and give advice on asset replacement and maintenance Policy.
- Record and report capital spend versus budget every month.
- Capitalizes all assets upon receipt, installation &/or commissioning.
- Organize annual physical verification of assets and reconcile results to the fixed assets ledger.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations related to the livestock and consumables and communicate any variances for appropriate action to be taken.
- Organize quarterly stock takes and reconcile results to the inventory ledger and stores bin cards as per policy.
- Update and maintain detailed livestock records, livestock count and herd transfers.
- Institute procedures for procurement and accountable recording of consumable stocks, including fuel, to support reconciliation of records to physical stocks.
- Liaise with responsible procurement officer at the headquarters and ensure all procurement policies and best practices are followed.
- Review internal controls and ensure efficient operational processes are in place. Take the necessary measures on any probable risks events in the ranch that would result to financial and reputational risk of the Organization.
- Support the Deputy Finance Manager during end year closing procedures and audits.
- Ensure proper filling of all documentation relating to this function both in physical and soft copy forms.
- Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Research Facility Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent.
- Full accounting qualifications- CPA (K) or ACCA.
- Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3-year Experience in Finance preferably in commercial sector.
Post location: This position is based at Kapiti Research Station in Machakos.
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 10 June 2021. The position title and reference number REF: CS/5/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.