Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Compliance Officer to support ILRI in meeting research regulatory compliance within the institute and in countries where it implements research. The main purpose of the job is to ensure ILRI research projects comply with regulatory requirements. The job requires knowledge of the research regulatory environment and international frameworks especially as relates to research authorisation, access and movement of genetic resources
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Review project documentation and determine research licenses and or permits required in line with ILRI guidelines, country specific laws and regulations, and international frameworks and standards.
- Coordinate preparation and submission of documentation for application of research licenses and or permits.
- Manage relevant data systems and databases for all licenses and/ or permits for all research projects and or activities.
- Guide and liaise with stakeholders on research compliance matters to ensure compliance with approval conditions
- Coordinate delivery of research materials for analysis to relevant lead agencies as may be required for issuance of research licenses and or permits
- Coordinate external audits of research facilities for successful issuance of movement permits.
- Conduct internal audits of research facilities to ensure compliance with the requirements for issuance of licenses and or permits.
- Manage relationships with different stakeholders involved in research authorisation and issuance of permits and or licenses for movement of research materials.
- Prepare research compliance reports.
- Provide administrative support on research compliance matters.
- Master’s degree in a Science discipline
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in research compliance
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory framework in access and movement of genetic resources both within and across countries in line with Convention on Biological Diversity, Nagoya Protocol, Cartagena protocol and Bonn Guidelines.
- In-depth Knowledge of research regulatory framework at both Institutional and country level.
- Good communication and networking skills
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 14 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 4 June 2021. The position title and reference number REF: EOHS /05/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.