Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req15991
Job Title: Administration & Facilities Volunteer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Volunteer is responsible for specific aspects of administration and Supply chain department support at IRC’s Main office in Nairobi. This covers office administration and Supply chain support department.
- Raising of operation Online PRs in the BVA system under supply/admin department i.e travel and cab request PR’s
- Make Payment of utilities for expatriate staff and make follow up on timely payment.
- Supervise and coordinate Courier movement and follow up on daily basis
- Support the Reception coverage during receptionist absence.
- Always ensure reception coverage, and proper handover when you are away.
- Receive all incoming mail and distribute to staff.
- Prepare and dispatch all outgoing to the field mail.
- Log incoming invoices for admin and supply chain invoices and upload in the Box for ease of Payment and reference.
- Act as focal point of courier services and advise of any issues arising.
- Ensure timely renewal of IRC subscriptions e.g fire inspection certificates for all offices: – and post office box renewal.
- Provide Administrative support to supply chain department as requested.
- Support of SMT with their requests, travel request, payment of school fees for their dependants.
- In charge of office consumable’s supplies and office stationery supplies in the office
- Assist in booking of taxis and flights and support in their payment processing.
- Processing Nairobi referral hospital invoices.
Key Result Areas:
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to supply chain department.
- Day-to-day efficient operations of the administrative and supply chain department services in the office.
- Diploma in Business Administration and Management, or another related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Nongovernmental organization.
- Customer care skills and how to apply them.
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of listening skills.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.