Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req15978
Job Title: Pharmacist
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Health Manager, the Pharmacist will be directly responsible for.
- Support the Health manager in formulating Pharmacy goals, objectives and intervention strategies.
- Receive, verify and record all incoming items in the Hospital drug store
- Issue and record all items duly requested by the consumption units in the prescribed format
- Monitor the stock levels and in consultation with the supervisor to avoid unnecessary stock outs
- Participate in the weekly hospital departmental meetings, quality of care committee meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- Maintain adequate buffer stocks of drugs for notifiable diseases.
- Maintaining a list of very essential drugs customized for Hagadera, with clear re-order levels that should always be made available for use by refugees.
- Provide the clinicians with a weekly update on available drugs or those in short supply as well as advising them on substitutes.
- Conduct regular checks of the wards drug registers and give feedback to unit in-charges and Health manager on compliance with set expectations.
- Monitor drug consumption rates, prepare and share weekly essential drug consumption reports and status
- Assist your supervisor in conducting regular support supervisory visit to clinics pharmacies and share the findings.
- Do any other duty as assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Ensure that all statistical reports are accurate and submitted weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually as necessary.
- With support of HM maintain an updated record and compile and submit monthly inventory reports of all pharmacy assets and equipment.
- Review, authorize and keep accurate records of all requisitions, duty rosters and applications for incentive staff leave.
- Monitor and ensure the proper usage of program supplies.
Human Resource Management
- Routinely monitor staff incentive performance according to their job description and set objectives.
- Develop ongoing education programs for incentive pharmacy staff as well as identifying their training needs.
- Review personnel issues and concerns of pharmacy dispensers and assist with determining and implementing solutions.
- Conduct regular training sessions for refugee staff.
Communication and Reporting
- Monitor closely morbidity trends together with all the other health indicators.
- Convene/attend Health Coordination meetings, Quality of care meetings, Hospital National staff meetings and Incentive staff meetings.
- Ensure adequate flow of information for all supervisees with constant feedback as may be required.
- Carry out other relevant or requested duties as may be required.
Key Result Areas:
- Accurate and timely documentation of all issues and received drugs and medical items;
- Timely issue orders to the various units in the prescribed forms on their ordering days.
- Proper storage of drugs and medical items.
- Tracking of expiries and slow moving items.
- Ensure timely and quality pharmacy services to refugees
- Maintain accurate inventory and ensure rational use of pharmacy supplies.
- Diploma in Pharmacy from KMTC or any other reputable institution.
- Possess a valid practice license from the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least two years’ experience working in a busy pharmacy unit.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.