Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req15990
Job Title: Supply Chain Volunteer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Volunteer is responsible for providing administrative support to the Logistics Team, covering Transport and Travel support therefore ensuring efficient operations of the Unit.
Supports Transport &Travel teams in the field as well as employees through a variety of tasks related to Logistics.
- Support with Timely planning, communication, and coordination with the requesting staff/programs regarding their travel requests.
- Ensure up-to-date records are maintained for flights, accommodation, and taxi bookings.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Assists monitor the performance of transport and travel service providers and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Raising of operation Online PRs in the BVA system under supply/admin department i.e., travel and cab request PR’s.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organize travel arrangements for all staff travelling on official duty.
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Submit and reconcile Travel expense reports related to Logistics team in Nairobi.
- Monitor Logistic related invoices.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- College degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Non-governmental organization.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Required Experience & Competencies:
- High degree or personal integrity
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of personal motivation and initiative; ability to work without/under minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active problem solving and analytical skills
- Good inter-personal relationship skills
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.