Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Head of Corporate Communications supports the design, development and implementation of effective communication strategies whilst ensuring their alignment to the Kenya Airways corporate strategy, business plans and applicable aviation/regulatory standards at the national and regional level.
The position manages engagement with key stakeholders, media, international aviation associations, including providing support in engagement with Government and regulatory bodies and is responsible for developing communications programmes, leveraging all available channels to communicate and illustrate the role of Kenya Airways. The role works closely with the organization’s leadership on wider influencing, including confirming the organization’s position as a regional leader in its business segment.
A key focus of the role is the strong emphasis on strategies to increase visibility and influence and support operational goals. Effective relationship-building, strategic communications and partnerships are critical demands for the Head of Corporate Communications’ interface with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
Strategy Development & reporting
- Design and implement strategic communication initiatives and niche communications to increase the visibility and understanding of KQ’s vision and purpose internally and externally.
- Driving the Communication Agenda by leading and overseeing the Communication Team’s internal and external communication activities, including results tracking and reporting.
- Developing and executing online strategies that enhance Kenya Airways’ visibility in social media and protect Kenya Airways’ reputation.
- As a member of the Crisis Management Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the Kenya Airways’ Crisis Management Policy and ensuring a corresponding Communications Plan.
Leadership Support & issues Management
- Manage the Chairman’s and CEO’s corporate communications requirements to improve the organization’s visibility among key stakeholders.
- Coordinating CEO and Board Member media engagements.
- Prepare periodic reports to the CEO and prepare briefings to the Executive committee and Board of Directors.
- Plan and oversee communications/PR related to regional partners/alliance, Legal, Finance, Human Resource, Government and industry issues and other corporate topics.
- Anticipate image and reputational risk issues and develop and implement appropriate communication actions.
- Support crisis communications planning and management for the Airline.
Content Development & Dissemination
- Develop, review and repurpose information and messages for Kenya Airway’s audiences using a variety of media, including the organization’s owned media (Website, Intranet, Extranet, and Social Media Platforms).
- Ensure adherence to the Kenya Airways brand by reinforcing the use of the Brand and style guideline
- Work with relevant departments to develop internal communications programmes and processes required to support employee engagement initiatives.
- Support strong internal communications to build corporate identity, maintain strong staff engagement and build confidence among Kenya Airways employees.
Media Relations & Management
- Leverage proactive publicity tactics to achieve visibility in the news media, including favourably positioning Kenya Airways and promoting the company’s progress and success by showcasing leaders, the Go Forward Plan and culture.
- Ensure strong and resilient relationships with media partners across the network.
Social media & Digital Platforms
- Develop content, ensure social media tactics are embedded and deployed in all communication plans.
- Create leadership awareness and knowledge on social media use.
- Participate & advise on innovation of Kenya Airways digital platforms.
Consultants & Procurement Management
- Manage external surveys that evaluate the attitudes, opinions and aspirations of stakeholders and partners.
- Managing vendors by providing communication services to ensure efficient delivery of quality services that meet Kenya Airways standards.
- Development of proposals and related procurement requirements.
- Ensure quality assurance of all corporate communications emanating from the company to ensure brand guidelines.
- Ensure the planning and delivery of clear and realistic work plans for the communications unit under purview.
- Ensuring all members of the team are competent to carry out their role, offering coaching and mentoring support to enhance their delivery and capabilities.
- Grow and mentor the communications team and supports their learning and development.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Journalism or other related fields from a recognized university.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism.
- Membership/Certification – Relevant marketing PR bodies.
- Significant management experience of increasing complexity and responsibility, mainly in a mass communication and/or public relations function within a matrix, collaborative environment with at least 8-10 years at a management level.
- Demonstrable experience in development and implementation of stakeholder strategy to build understanding of and engagement on our work, particularly with senior players from all backgrounds across the region.
- Superior team leadership, team working and co-operation skills with the ability to influence positively and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Excellent communication, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject of your email to email@example.com by Thursday, 10th June 2021.